Off Topic Landfill

Thanks I didn’t read the fine print/etiquette on the forum about its. I guess was litle anxious to share a great deal to fellow car lease enthusiasts.

If you want to broker here (and that’s what you are trying to do, IMO) then just register. Posting full contact info from different dealerships looks like a paid advertisement to me.

He he he Ursus you continue to think that I’m a broker. I have worked with many in the past and but its not worth the time and money for me (or lack there of). Also, if I where a broker why would I want to solicit on a site that focuses on lease best practices or beating broker deals? I’m no glutton for punishment.
But as mentioned in many many forum listings to you, I do what I do to help friends and their friends get the best deal and not get ripped off like I did many years ago. The last person I helped was our old IT guy’s brother in law, in my firm, who reached out at me this weekend (have not spoken with him since 2016 - reason why I knew it was 2016 because it was the last text he sent).
So Ursus need to take off the forum police badge once in awhile and see that people really want to help others in this forum.

I don’t really care. But that’s what you pretty much declared on the first day here as @maguzma - intend to broker deals for a small donation.

It seems you care for all the self policing you do and done on me.

Remember I’ve never asked for anything from those I help but they feel good when they give me a card, hug or bottle of wine for all the time I spent on their behalf (Matthew 5:6 and Romans 15:1).

What’s the MSRP and tax rate?

I didn’t know you could still lease 2015

1 Like

It was a used car…

Ok I think I just found my ideal lease. Are you east coast or west coast? Any breakdown on the incentives (any loyalty or conquest money or is it just straight 3250 lease cash?)

Very nice!!

@aronchi: how easily hackable are these QX50s?

I heard today that Infiniti wants to push these harder than ever before cause of slow sales. Wonder how much is true.

Looks beautiful! 0 das?

Are you east coast or west coast? Any breakdown on the incentives (any loyalty or conquest money or is it just straight 3250 lease cash?)

He’s paying tax on the payments, also seen in the calculator. The difference between $1,310 and $507 + tax is the license fees, doc fee, DMV electronic filing fee, and tire fee.

Relax, I’m only going by what he posts. Tax is tax and he included it into DAS and separated from monthly payment. Whether he’s is confused or doesn’t clearly understand breakdown is a different story.

Honestly- you need to relax a little. You’ve been jumping all over my posts with your criticism- it’s not appreciated. It’s easy to read something and interpret it different ways, and it would be nice if you question a post first rather than implying somebody doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Just my impression. I’ve been spending a little time here to find out some things for myself and share my expertise, but quite frankly, your condescending know-it-all attitude has me ready to leave.

If you had looked at the lease calculation he had posted, you would have seen it was calculating payments with tax, which by the way, is the way leases work in CA. I’ve never seen pre-paid taxes on a CA lease in a lot of years- not once. Common sense would tell you that $1,310 wouldn’t be enough, anyway. With all your experience here, you’d think you’d know that CA doesn’t do leases with tax paid up front, or at least it’s extremely rare.

There is no criticism, I’m just clarifying your misleading statements and replying to your questions. You are trying to wiggle your way out from your own statements, which I (and some others, BTW) pointed out to you. You obviously use some correct info, but without clear understanding on how some things work in real life. So, maybe you needed to add something like “in some cases” or “may go” to your original statement that started this back and forth and to avoid misinterpretation: “The rebates go against your drive-off, not your selling price, so they don’t affect the payment, just the cash due at signing.
I don’t need to see what’s in the LH calculator to figure out payments based on what OP posted in his last breakdown.

See, when you say stuff like “your misleading statements,” that’s where I have a problem. I can see that different states have different regulations and lease structures, I get that and have acknowledged that.

What I said was correct in CA, at least for Volvo, and I expect other makes as well. The rebates are supposed to be “customer facing,” meaning identified as rebates so the customer knows it and can’t come back and say they didn’t get theirs. CA want’s to tax the rebates and have them credited after tax and license is added.

As I said before, if someone was putting in $4,000 to start a lease out of their pocket and there was a $1,000 rebate, the drive off section would show a total of $5,000. With $5,000 total drive off instead of $4,000, the payment will be lower, as more money will go to the cap cost reduction. What I was trying to say is if the rebate is used to reduce the customer cash, then the payment remains the same. It depends if the lessee wants to add the rebate to his own cash or use it to reduce his cash. Strictly speaking the rebate doesn’t lower the payment if the lessee uses it to reduce their cash out of pocket. My main point is customers don’t automatically take it as a cap cost reduction, which appears to be your preference. In CA, doing it your way will cause tax to be due on the cap cost reduction, increasing the cash due at signing.

It’s not easy to be crystal clear with a brief post, and I’m not interested in writing essays to avoid confusion and argument from members such as you. I would be happy to pick apart your posts like you’ve been doing to mine if you like.

I also got 10% off of MSRP.

2018 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD MOM

MRSP: $61,835
Selling price: $55,213.59
39 month term with 15k miles per year: $764.10 AFTER taxes.
MF: 0.00085
RV: 52%
Due on signing: $1114.75

Why do you feel that you need to post in every Volvo thread?