Off-Topic Landfill 6

This vehicle is probably a better purchase than lease.

2 Likes

“One of the wealthiest demographics” is not “the wealthiest” and 10 years ago also put it up against MBs that were far higher in price than an E class wagon where the median household income is way higher for those buyers. That’s where the “one of” comes in.

His reference to the people buying those because they were nostalgic for when they rode around in them is specifically what I’m referring to as to 30 to 40 years ago. Back then, that buyer was likely the wealthiest demographic as there was quite possibly no more expensive MB that was being sold to a higher median demographic.

Respectfully, I’m literally not quite sure what you’re trying to say here.

I think the main point being made in part of this thread was that the E-Class wagon has/had an outsized significance to the company than does the regular E-Class sedan, that this outsized significance could mean that deals aren’t like to be had on a wagon, and that the outsized significance was still current in 2014 and could be current today.

At least one Audi dealer here has made the comment (w/i the past yr?) that there aren’t good deals on the A4 Allroad b/c it’s a niche product where the target audience will pay a premium.

I think it’s likely a similar situation w/ the E-Class wagon, regardless of whether its buyers are the wealthiest demographic for MB.

2 Likes

Pretty simple: I agree with what you said the “point” of the thread was. I was simply stating the E-Class estate is not “the” MB car being sold to “the” wealthiest MB buyers.

30-40 years ago? Almost a given.

10 years ago (article)? “One” of the wealthiest demographics.

Now? Highly unlikely seeing that an E-class wagon @ MSRP (no more AMG wagons here) is far, far eclipsed by so many MB models now by a huge margin for @ MSRP.

Thass good deal - follows the 1% guideline rul

The rule of thumb for any “rare” car is to purchase, drive and resell it. You will almost always be better off compared to lease.

3 Likes

As always, he’s just looking for someone to argue with. Literally. Anyone. About anything.

Do yourself a favor and ignore.

mbusa.com still lists the E63 wagon, and Car and Driver has an entry for the 2023 E63 wagon.

That’s actually why I didn’t understand what you were writing.

Not really, by percentage. Car and Driver tested a 300TE in 1988 (I remember b/c it was the first car article I read) at ~$48K. A random website had the window sticker of a 1988 560SEL: $69K.

You take the difference by percentage, and it’s roughly the same btw an E450 All Terrain non-Maybach S-Classes (or the E63 and starting prices for Maybachs).

Get over it Little Max. As always you were pontificating and you were wrong - once again.

It is too bad that the year-end stats don’t delineate between your “blather for the sake of blather” posts, your “don’t ever lease a car“ posts, the “your deal is bad” posts or your straight up incorrect information posts.

If those were taken out you’d be at zero for the year.

Please tone it down.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/faq

2 Likes

how about a Lucid?

Even if the 1% guideline was useful or worth paying any attention to, this doesn’t meet it.

Doesnt mean it isnt a bad deal though

5 Likes

It was a joke for maxi maxi maxipad

2 Likes

Max Ramsey? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’m not above telling someone something is a terrible lease but if they still want to dance, I’m not saying no.

2 Likes

Idk… don’t love it

I got a 2023 iX demo that’s $16k off MSRP. DM if anyone is interested

On leasehackr, you need to post hard numbers. Please post the leasehackr calculator with the deal you are offering. I am sure if the deal is good and you honor your word, you will sell it within hours.

Very good deal!

2 Likes

Listen World Cup GIF by FIFA

5 Likes

Good point . I have to figure the best way to do it and not be the same as the others . Thoughts?