Off Topic Landfill 5

What dealership? Feel free to PM. I’m in San Jose and looking for 330e.

If you dont mind, can you please kindly PM dealer details? Thanks.

Can you send me please.

Everybody in this thread is playing a very very very dangerous game and I’m here for it :rofl:

In a world where every single car is a terrible deal and selling over MSRP+ we have all somehow found reason in the 4XE Wrangler…cracks me up

2 Likes

I’m talking in reference to those ordering for the sole reason of flipping it. The risk outweighs the reward IMO. Seems like everything has to go perfectly to make a couple grand.

You have risk of them no longer allowing buyouts, you have risk of additional factory shutdown and setbacks furthering the build time, and you have the risk of the used car market dropping additionally by the time the build even comes.

and as for those keeping it…sure it’s a decent deal but I think a lot of people are ordering it for the sole purpose that it’s the only thing with a deal on it and ignoring the fact that a lot of people do not enjoy the way they drive. Don’t get me wrong they have the coolness factor that you can take the door and top off but outside of that, the actual driving / handling is horrid.

Yeah just because it worked for you doesn’t mean it’s gonna work for everybody :rofl:
Also being you started the thread it seems you had a leg up on everybody else that ordered theirs much later.

This show is gonna end sooner or later my friend.

Yeah exactly so it’s either:
A. Have the opportunity to make a couple grand.
B. Get stuck with something you have to make a $400 lease payment on for the next 3 years lol.

Nobody is salty my friend. I’m genuinely laughing at how everybody is acting like this 4XE is the best thing since sliced bread. I hate to say it but they are just really not good cars and drive like crap IMO

The people who are going to be salty are the ones who are going to be stuck with these things that can’t sell them, don’t want em, or they took too long to come in.

I’ll spend it wherever and however I please,

I’m bored and have time today.

Thanks tho

Welp I don’t know of too many people taking their 4XE to the drag strip or looking for speed out of it but definitely interesting.

Before all the Wrangler Fanboys come for my neck, my reasoning is because it’s basically a big box driving down the road with no aerodynamics so as far as handling, driving the car over 50MPH it basically has a mind of it’s own and want’s to turn in whatever direction it wants. I’ve driven all models, stock ones, lifted with tires etc and they all drive the same.

Something that your not buying for the sole purpose of flipping that your going to be happy with driving.

I have driven the 4XE and unfortunately the added weight savings from the extra electronics/battery doesn’t help the handling IMO. Still feels like it has a mind of it’s own when it’s going down the highway.

All the Wrangler fanboys in here can argue with me on it all day long and call me delusional but Wranglers have always had a very crappy handling and it’s always been on of their biggest drawbacks.

Dude what the hell are you even talking about?

Weren’t you just crying because your order hasn’t come in yet and you wanted your deposit back lol?

Do people REALLY love the car though or do they just love the payment of the car and the fact that it’s the best given the circumstances?

Wranglers always had insanely high residuals and leased pretty well especially through Credit Unions etc before buyouts even became a concern so how come people weren’t talking about how great they were back then?

I’ve driven the 4XE and the only thing that gets me excited is the added torque because I like fast toys. ( I haven’t driven a 392 yet but probably fun as hell)

I will be the first person on here to say that they are “COOL”. The offroad aspect and taking the top and doors of is a one of a kind uniqueness the Wrangler has but I find it really really hard to believe anybody who has to commute with it or drive on a highway actually enjoys driving it.

The Joker GIF

Some people just like to stir the pot :innocent:

Holy shit you people are like a cult.

You would think I came out and insulted all your first borns.

Everybody so sensitive over a car it’s crazy.

Yes please PM me I would love to discuss further how great of an idea it is to order a car in this environment with the sole purpose of reselling it.

May I have the new spreadsheet please? In the market for a SQ5 or Q7.

You spent $6k up front to save $2k over the course of 36 months? Have you heard of the time-value of money?

1 Like

A risk-free and tax-free guaranteed 10% sounds great to me. I’d take that every time over the market.

7 Likes

GLC is nice, but overdue for refresh. My local dealers have way more inventory of current gen GLC and C class than other models. It shows the lack of demand in comparison.

I think if the market cools off or even plateau, with all new EVs and upcoming GLC with updated infotainment, current gen GLC will be a sweet spot for those who still want it. I’d be interested if it means getting to rwd brandy SUV for less than the more popular suvs out there.

Simply said, if it wasn’t because of chip shortage, GLC would have been one of the bargains in 2021.

1 Like