Off Topic Landfill 5

It is obvious that the poster above is trolling me (and was doing so since I registered on this forum), so I kind of return the favor, not really into deeply analyzing his deals.

Paid $2.90 today in Winter Haven. Other areas around town are $3.30 and higher. Weird seeing such a large gap.

On that specific point, my trade equity went into cap reduction on my lease, bringing down my balance to $27000 from $38000 (plus fees/taxes/title and etc.) after other incentives/discounts/rebates were applied. That $3400 gets paid anyway, if you take out the cash you pay more in monthly fees. Between interest paid on financing that amount added to lease balance and available highest interest paid in the saving account today (if you pulled that cash out) is probably 2% a year, or mere $68 in full year, which is like one Starbucks coffee bought per month. I don’t regret sacrificing a cup of Starbucks over convenience and lower monthly payments I have got on Compass.

I will respectfully disagree that I am a troll. When I was trolled like hundreds of times non-stop I may have responded few times in-kind, but only to reflect on those who were trolling me. If you carefully read my posts, those who call me names and insinuate that I am trolling are the ones who are actually engaging in what they finger point me for.

I actually don’t think he’s a troll.

No, but I think you can leave out the part about worrying that a car a loaner/demo is being sold to you as new (does VW even use loaners? My local VW service stations don’t) or about odometer rollback since that would, like, totally illegal.

It was the nicest I could come up with.

1 Like

Actually, it would be better to stop reading at “My advise [sic] is….”

Sometimes, I need masochistic entertainment :pensive:

2 Likes

You incorrectly state there is a tax rebate if you purchase:

@mllcb42 That’s the only thing you have got right, basically there is 1 (one) line where “purchase rebate” is mentioned by me, which didn’t apply to this car at the time. It is a long post (some called it an “essay”), it touches on many subjects , but one line was picked and viciously chewed like it was a bone chewed by a pack of dogs after a month of starvation. And the screenshot you posted, you didn’t want to include in it the second line, because it clearly states that one can get $7500 credit by leasing it and it’s not income contingent. As you can see below

You were politely corrected and given supporting evidence

Your next post states you didn’t say there was a purchase rebate

That’s not my next post. You are asking me to be accurate and honest, this is not good example to set. Why say it’s my next post, when there were some other posts in between before what you call was my “next post”? As can easily be seen below.

Your next post doubles down on your being right about there being a purchase rebate, despite just saying you never said there was one

You then doubled down on not saying someone should get a $7500 rebate on a purchase

Speaking of which, it did exist for GLE PHEV models in past (that’s why I said I saw it and as evidenced by images I am posting from MB website), but it was eliminated by Inflation Elimination Act of Congress and not applicable to certain cars (or limited in amount) for purchases made after August 2022.

[/quote]

No one disagreed with you on the $7500 bring available on a lease. Max commented that in some staes that taxation may not make it worthwhile, but otherwise the discussion wasn’t that it was bad idea. The issue was you doubling down on the non-existent purchase rebate.

Youre correct. I may have scrolled down too quickly when i went back and looked at the post. You did make a couple posts in between contracting yourself.

You just posted documentation from MB that states the previous model GLE phev didnt receive a $7500 tax credit either.

A $4460 tax credit on a previous generation vehicle is not a $7500 credit.

@mllcb42 my reply came out messy, too many screenshots and mixed with your replies , my screen is not big enough to put it all together and see and fix the coding at the same time, but I believe you could understand the essential points. EV purchase rebate for GLE’s did exist (I saw it before , as evidenced in screenshots from MB dealership I posted). I mentioned it in one line and I stood by it, because that GLE rebate on PHEVs did exist in past, but was limited or reduced by Inflation reduction Act of Congress which applied to purchases made after 2022. Yes, I was wrong about mentioning it in one line in current context of EV rebates, but why is this even relevant if I am insisting all along that OP should lease the car and buy it off next day? Why pick and attack one out of 100+ lines, when it is not even essential to what I reccomend OP to do?

@mllcb42 No, this is not just about scrolling down and inadvertently missing one or two posts, you are taking my replies out of context and disregarding what I was replying to, implying (by saying it was my next post) that I immediately contradicted myself, disregarding the fact that I replied to different posters after series of exchanges which occurred in the thread between two posts highlighted by you.

@mllcb42 That was posted on MB site after 2022 Congressional Act, which eliminated or reduced the full EV credit that was available on purchases made before August 2022.

Are you guys really posting into the landfill?

2 Likes

@mllcb42 So, will you now honestly admit that you were wrong when you insisted that "This (purchase rebate - E51) never existed for this vehicle. That “isn’t something that used to apply to the gle and now doesnt. It never has” ? Or , will you double down on the wrong statement you made as a screenshot below shows? And, should I have taken that one line from you and pounded you relentlessly for it ever since, even today reminding you “but you said it never existed, yet it’s well established now that it did!”
Think about it. And I don’t know who put the Landfill thread in a slow mode (am I so terrifying to LH, like Tucker Carlson is to the left?), but I was going to say that my record speaks for itself and I would like to leave this to rest, for you to ponder on it if you really want to set an example of accuracy, honesty and care for community at LH, as you state.

The old gle 550e did not receive a $7500 tax credit on a purchase. It received a $4460 tax credit. This was a result of the battery capacity under the old credit that limited it to that value. The inflation reduction act did not lower it from $7500 to $4460 as you incorrectly claimed above. Your interpretation that the numbers posted by MB of Caldwell were reduced values from the passing of the IRA are incorrect. The IRA didnt change the values of any credits in 2022 anyway, other than putting into effect the domestic manufacturing requirements from August 22 forward.

Fact: GLE did get a tax rebate up to $4460. Stating “this (tax rebate) never existed” or “isn’t something that used to apply for the gle…it never has” is not accurate statement. The accurate statement would be “GLE PHEVs did get tax rebate in past, up to $4460, but this is no longer applicable to new generation of PHEV GLE”. Read what you stated and compare to the fact cited.

More importantly, this is an example how one line out of 100+ lines and dozens of subjects touched in what you guys called an “essay” or “100 mil word” post was picked and torn apart, focusing on something that wasn’t even relevant to what I advised OP to do, which was to lease and then buy out the leased car.

You can double down on it if you want. I don’t moderate this forum and don’t own LH, you can pretty much have a bunch of insiders who band together and go full CNN/cancel culture on random people who post there, but do not tell me it’s about accuracy, honesty and care for LH community.

This sums it up. The $7500 rebate was not available on this vehicle as was stated.

You are still trying to double down on this.

Ok, now you are obviously trolling, knowing that you were wrong but unwilling to admit it.
Points made. Record speaks for itself. Discussion hidden in Landfill, to save you the embarrassment. Have a great rest of your day.

Thought you were talking about the Grand Hoghlander