Off Topic Landfill 5

@petrem, welcome

Yes but they claim RV is as used and won’t change it.

Does that make a huge difference in price?

I thought I read someone post the difference was minimal

Yes

10char

The diff is 13% IIRC and that’s about 9k + tax and rent charge on a 70k macan.

2 Likes

Difference you may be referring to is mileage penalty in excess of 5k vs waived completely.

Depending on the demo/loaner type and if they have between 5500 -30000 miles and are 22 model year and newer, I think they can still be leased under the retired vehicle lease rates. It’s been a while since I researched this so perhaps someone with more recent BMWFS experience can chime in here.

Hopefully these Macan loaners won’t need brakes and/or tires because the 800/ month can become 1000/ month very quickly.

Fake it til you make it baby.

Hustling Dave Chappelle GIF

Affording the payment ≠ affording the vehicle.

EDIT (thanks to slow mode :man_facepalming:): Slightly different circumstances, but it could be similarly said for folks who got into a Hellcat with intentions of beating it for 3 years (and returning it). The rotors alone are over $1k each. They also typically cannot be machined (turned) as they are slotted…

4 Likes

Tires and brakes are the definition of YMMV.

But if you need tires and brakes in less than 12 months you only have yourself to blame.

2 Likes

Well, in this case, you also have all the people that drove the loaner like they stole it first.

6 Likes

It’s 30,000 miles if it’s a loaner.

4 Likes

This is a dumb take. On par with “Porsches aren’t for mathletes.”

Having money ≠ being ok with wasting money.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I have a g63 matte black on black i had on order.

Financially out of my range right now

I will let it go below the 25 to 30k they are asking still for this color combo. Willing to let it go for 10k today only. Tomorrow is 15k

It will be a very nice price, i will transfer the name to you and you can go pick it up for sticker.

Please dm for more info.

So you are selling your order for $10k? How were you able to procure the order at MSRP?

How so? We see time and time again people, even on here, people shopping/purchasing outside of their means. To some degree, we are all guilty of that at some point or another (myself included).

The point was that there are aspects to consider at the premium tables (i.e. Porsche) other than “I can cover the lease payment, no problem”. It isn’t unrealistic to think some of these people jumping into such a lease are not considering the bigger picture.

Being ok with wasting money ≠ having money, either. :man_shrugging:

@mllcb42 True lol. If it is a CPO - as long as the dealer ensured that the vehicle had met the minimum requirements set by Porsche, I would think a person would be quite safe with a short 12 month lease. The brake pads, for example, I would think should still meet the lease return requirement (again, given that the vehicle is a CPO and the isn’t beaten for 12 months straight).

I don’t know if minimum requirements today plus 10K miles will still meet the minimum requirements at lease end. I don’t know how soft are the Macan brakes, but if the loaner has close to 10K miles plus another 10K driving over the life of the lease, I would not be shocked if it needs some work at 20K miles. When I tried to sell my X4 with 12K miles one dealer tried to convince me that it needed new tires.

What state? How about a $15k donation to an animal rescue?

1 Like

How long have you owned an animal rescue lol

3 Likes

Lol, no ownership, just volunteer work.

Local animal rescues are about the only charities that use the money as intended and