Off Topic Landfill 5

$8/mo is a hell of a bargain then for verification.

VerificationHackr

And I personally know a lot of smart people that used to lean right that are now fed up of what has become of that party. So?

EDIT: So as not to add more to the thread, I’ll edit this based on a comment below: Maher just said a couple days ago he’s been taken out of context by the right and his comments have been cherrypicked, so check again.

Yeah they’re switching to the left in droves ala your champions like bill mahar etc.

Aoc, ilhan all getting heckled at every rally by their people as well

2 Likes

Congrats with your first “keep on topic” post.

3 Likes

I think you said that last time as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Landfilling Procedure

Did I? Then Double congrats :grin:

1 Like

Why were you known as un-trusted?

You weren’t born back then. You can say that I’m double-trusted now :point_up:

@nyclife Hi. How will this look for TX if at all possible? Could you please share numbers to dm? Thanks

Add to that a clunky engine with a whopping… 247 HP… in a heavy 3-row SUV! And don’t forget the glitchy and outdated infotainment system.

Literally nothing luxurious about it, aside from the “premium” badge.

Is the B5 not good?

I love the T5 and more so the T6, they’re far from clunky in my experience. The T5 in the XC90 is unlikely to be sprightly though I imagine! More than fine in the 60 though

1 Like

Clunky? All the T5/B5s I have driven (5 different cars, in wagon, sedan, and SUV) have been pretty smooth, my dad (who could give a rat’s butt about most things car) commented on how smooth the I4 is.

3 Likes

“Literally nothing luxurious”…apart from a unique, stylish design and well-equipped, comfortable interior finished with fairly high-end materials. I haven’t driven the new engines yet, but I’ve read only read positive things about the B5/B6 - nothing about them being clunky or noticeably underpowered.

I’d say the brand falls more into the traditional notion of understated luxury, though. “Old money” elite typically don’t parade around in bling-y new BMWs/Mercs. They often drive Volvos, Ranges, etc.

1 Like

And that mild hybrid (whatever it is) is actualy turns on the engine very smoothly after it stops. That start/stop feature works way better than in Defender, btw.

1 Like

The only complaint I had about my T6, coming from 2 prior hybrids that swapped seamlessly, was the abrupt start/stop. The Subaru is even worse.

Did your auto start stop ever just casually activate at like 3-5 mph and then the car shuts off sometimes

Negative. It worked correctly every time, it was just abrupt. I see why people disable it — I didn’t.

1 Like

Well the stop start in the defender was meh, turned it off after the test drive and I never wanted it on. Volvo T5s used to have the weakness of very - unsubtle stop start, but if the mild hybrid gets things smoother I’m all for it.

Now I just gotta figure out what else is really loud and obnoxious to drive, or really nice for the $.

1 Like

You need to disable start/stop every time you start your Defender, no? I disabled it on my '19 S60, but could not on 16 (same as on Defender, can’t set to “off” as default).