Off Topic Landfill 5

Don Lemon? Brian Stelter? Is that you?? Lol in all seriousness, I’m no fan but I do find it amusing/bewildering when people attack FNC. After all, we are living in a world where CNN, MSNBC, ABC, the NY Times, WAPO, etc exists. Many could argue that those media companies are essentially unofficial extensions of the DNC. Yet people get their panties in a twist over Fox News :thinking:

1 Like

@michael @littleviolette

Time to publicly call out the serial “trusted” landfiller @ursus for selectively censoring comments that he clearly disagrees with? Once again, my comment was in direct response to another post which was just as “off topic”, yet he singles mine out? He also predictably ignored all of the derogatory anti-Reagan off topic comments in the same thread as well.

Elon, if you’re reading, can you buy leasehackr?

1 Like

What jay3 said

@michael @littleviolette

1 Like

Really depends on the area. Do I want a flop house in a suburban area? No. But in a city where there’s plenty of density already. Makes sense. We have a cheap housing shortage. This is the only solution with high cost of building. There’s so many old mansions in Philadelphia that could be chopped into cheap 1br apartments. But changing zoning is impossible unless you’re a wealthy democratic donor

Sounds great. Unless you own the old mansion next to the mansion that now has 7 cheap apartments.

Hey Donny, can you send me the spreadsheet?
Also particularly looking for deals on Q3 or Q5! Thanks!

I mean these are mostly in areas that are already used as illegal rooming houses or some have multi family zoning and apartments already. The illegal rooming houses are fire hazards and don’t pay proper taxes or licensing fees anyway. In the wealthy areas it’s not feasible to chop these up to rent smaller apartments.

Philadelphia had some historic areas that turned to shit once factories closed. So there’s tons of abandoned housing. We need to think out of the box to solve the housing problem. My point is antiquated zoning laws are keeping the market high.

Just a typical liberal run shithole. I left and will never look back. I offered affordable housing to 80 young professionals at one point and the local neighborhood associations basically spit at the landlords there. Terrible city that will continue to decay unless they gain some common sense. Also the highest taxed city in the country.

Ahh OK, gotcha.

Yeah I’d personally have no desire to live there either. I lived in a big city my whole life, until about 10 years ago. We moved to a small city, <50K people and I’m never going back.

Sure they don’t need housing in those areas. I’m strictly referring to high density areas in low income neighborhoods to alleviate homelessness and lack of supply. It’s a very simple fix, every city and large town has abandoned industrial/commercial zoning that needs to be changed to residential. Add in some tax breaks for developers to incentivize them and they will build. The issue is it’s not profitable as is…

So if we’re going to allow govt to regulate housing then they need to do it properly. In the current system they incentivize new construction for millionaire buyers and developers. That helps no one but governments by getting higher income tax payers into the area. Prices out the natives too

Gotta wholeheartedly disagree. I don’t want apartments next to me. In fact I don’t really want apartments anywhere near me.

In my burg they’re trying to change zoning rules to allow apartments anywhere and everywhere. None of the residents want that shit, except developers who buy city council seats to make it happen. If these proposed changes to zoning laws do happen I think there will be lawsuits and maybe riots in the street.

I’ve only referred to high density cities and commercial/industrial area. Never said I want low income housing in suburban enclaves or rural areas. People pay more to get away from that, and it’s a property value killer. Can’t change the rules after people invest their life savings there to leave the cities.

The biggest issue with over building in areas that you live are the schools can’t support the increased amount of students. That will lead to higher taxes to build new schools. Zoning laws in those area make total sense to protect residents.

I don’t live in the burbs though. I live in the city, in a residential area that has always been residential. Houses in my 'hood were built between the 1880s and 1920s for the most part, with the odd mid-century build when people subdivided their lots.

Now, all of a sudden the city wants to allow those houses to be converted into apartments or even worse, allow houses to be torn down and replaced with apartments. All for the children or some nonsense.

That’s what cities do. Grow or die. Late stage capitalism at work. They will extract every dollar from the land while the market is high. Hence why local politics are important if you want to preserve what you have. But eventually the dollar always win. If you don’t want that future better cash out soon bc it’s coming everywhere as the housing market gets more and more expensive and people live in smaller and smaller units to keep the wheels grinding.

Progressive politicians constantly will move the goal posts on you

1 Like

Yeah I’m definitely going to move if this happens. I doubt my house will take a hit, if anything it will probably go up since developers will be like a pack of wolves waiting to buy it, raze it and put up a 12 unit condo building, each selling for $1M.

1 Like

$265 a month with $1250 down.
Does it includes tax, first month payment, registration fees?

Hi! Yes, it’s $265/month including tax and a total of $1250 due at signing.

FAKE NEWS!!

Joseph Robinette Biden said, and I quote, “Inflation over the last three months has averaged 2%, at an annualized rate.”

Well OK he didn’t actually say that because he is incapable of saying something that complex, But the White House said it. So obviously your grocery bill is a lie and nothing but Republican propaganda.

2 Likes

Its sad to even think Biden running things. Obama probably running it. Biden just signs and eats ice cream. Rates shall go up till we crush the EU and maybe chinese and russians. The peasants be damned.

1 Like

Anyone have GM Supplier for me? Thanks