Off Topic Landfill 5

If BMWFS has the payment set up as $40x.xx per month plus 6.xx% monthly tax for MA, then yes your NY tax should be based on the $40x.xx * the number of remaining payments

Hi Hackrs. If I’m looking to take over a BMW that’s registered in NY State and I’m located in NY State and the seller claims the taxes are included in the payments, do I still have to pay sales tax? Thanks very much for your help.

Have a great day all!

@Dwest074 hey man – going through the same thing. It doesn’t matter if the NY taxes are rolled into the payments, you have to pay (months remaining x monthly (including the capitalized sales tax)) in taxes again to NY. We can thank Cuomo for that.

It can be done, you now have two examples of Accords leasing under $400/month. My advice is never deal with the sales manager, you only work with the Internet Director (not the internet manager, not the fleet manager, shoot only for the higher ups). Additionally, always email on Wednesday, do your back and forth until you’re close to your price then show up and get them to drop a few dollars more per month. Remember, you have what they really want, money.

Could you elaborate on the “email only on Wednesday” … ?

On Mondays and Tuesdays, the prices tend to be higher because dealerships are expecting that person who walked away to call on Monday. On Tuesday they spam and text everyone. On Wednesday reality hits when calls and emails are not returned. Negotiate for a day or two then go to the dealership. At that point, they won’t let you walk away for $500 because they know you’re intent and patient (two things every dealer fears).

Put don’t too much stock into these theories

This sounds like a gigantic waste of time and a good way to reduce your value to the dealer.

Well if they play games can’t the consumer play games as well. We all know the true colors of a car salesman, don’t we???

Yes, if one chooses to waste their own time and hurt their own negotiating position, they have no one to damage but themself.

Not always. When you deal with the minions, they need to sell today. The higher ups are busy people so they understand negotiating for two days because they are not sitting around waiting for a sale.

1 Like

Agree, minions all the way.

I don’t feel I’m wasting my time, if I’m searching a deal to save thousands I feel I’m doing a great deed for myself.

It’s wasting time because it doesn’t save you thousands or hundreds or tens of dollars. Your only value to a dealer in an extremely aggressive deal is to be the fastest, easiest, lowest effort sale possible. The more time you waste, the further you push yourself away from being the fastest, easiest, lowest effort sale possible.

If you want someone to make next to no money off of you, you better also be expecting them to do next to no work, otherwise you cease to be a good value proposition.

Wasting time doesn’t help you. It hurts you.

Heyman. Thanks so much for the input. One question maybe you can advise on since you’re also looking for a swap…

How much is a set of 4 new tires for a 5 series BMW? What could be cheapest option? Thank you.

Hi! Will e-mail you now, am interested in Q5 sportback premium plus

Interested in a 2021 S4. I sent an email using the template above! :slight_smile:

Emailed you regarding S4 or S5SB

Just emailed regarding S5 SB Premium+

2021 BMW X5 gas:
MSRP $68,745.00
Discount/Rebates $6,707.68
Adjusted Price $62,037.32
Destination $995
Total Purchase $63,032.32
Processing Fee $499
Tax $2,636.55
Acquisition $925
Tags, Title, Registration $331