Off Topic Landfill 5

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

Don’t know enough to comment on your deal.
Leases125 is just a dumbass who thinks that all cars should be leasing 1% of their MSRP without considering a million other factors. He actually thinks a 2024 Range Rover should be sold with a discount when the wait time for an order is 2+ years. Don’t lend him any credence. He’s a troll

1 Like

Can’t tell if you being smart ass or not? lol

Not bad but not great either. All depends on your state and its taxes also. I do all mine in Montana so my deals always cheaper

Heh look if it’s cool these days to overpay for cars, then I guess I’m just not cool

LOL not being a smart ass, to you anyways…

FL 7%…

I can’t find a better deal on one today.

Ok so you pay full msrp, and I post 20k + off msrp, and apparently you are the better neogitiator???

Full price on a truck that’s selling for $30k over sticker on a bad day. Yeah, that’s better than $20k off your used, dated Q7.

1 Like

@holeydonut for TH

9 Likes

I, without reservation, cast my vote for @holeydonut for TH.

2 Likes

That’s right… limited edition :grin:

and no, I couldn’t stick it on a car I wasn’t sure I’d be keeping :rofl:

1 Like

You know a good one in the Buffalo area?

I just told the salesperson he was forcing me into an illegal situation. He just looked dumbfounded.

Ive got just the guy

2 Likes

If they want to make sure you have a DL and its valid (there is a scanner for that) you don’t think that’s reasonable?

Also if they keep your DL thats weird. I would avoid that

That happened to me at a dealer once. I think it was a hard sell tactic, since it took them a while to return it after I told them I needed it for the test drive. Similar thing happened once regarding the keys to my old car, which I gave them so they could give me a trade in offer. I guess they figure if you can’t leave quickly, they have a better chance of selling you a car.

What if they sent him on the test drive on his own without a SA?

That is up to the individual store

No i mean it would be less weird if they did that and held onto his DL

We only got it yesterday. My wife loves Volvos so she loves it - I haven’t done anything but sit in the front seat and enjoy the legroom. This was a pretty well optioned one, but they are very nice cars.

I guess. still a bit strange

OP can easily tell them to make copy of his DL, keep his DL, test drive and get the copy back.