Off Topic Landfill 5

Politics should probably the last factor that should affect the car you choose…

1 Like

i don’t know. similarly, i have to wonder if you know what the survival rate for the homeless is in this country? you know, the thing that cuba has an almost 0% rate of…

yes, in children. polio, mmr, etc… things california wine moms wouldn’t want you taking.

well unless you had a thing against nazi collaborators.

@Ursus why not this comment too? Selective moderating Komissar?

1 Like

Because I don’t read every post, dummy. And there are other capable mods, too.

Ok Komissar. Keep on working. We very proud of you.

I have a similar situation with an Audi. Let me know where you got your lease buyout from as my dealership said their rates are currently close to 5%.

i’d be real careful on audi. used audi prices have plummeted in the past 2 months.

1 Like

The residual is less than I can sell the car for. Plus the price of a new car is much higher and we cannot find one that we want. Why would I not buy the car directly after the lease ends?

what kind of audi is it?

2019 Q5 Premium Plus.

i have seen a lot of these coming off lease the last little while. some have been underwater. some have been break-even. that’s one i’d stay away from. its value has plummeted and will continue to. by the time you’re ready to get rid of it in like a year, you’ll be upside down on your loan. i think that’s what a lot of people who buy out their leases miss.

Shouldn’t this be the rule of thumb anyway, regardless of how much used audi prices have plummeted? :crazy_face: :money_mouth_face:

Really? Damn. I have an Audi I’m thinking of selling. Oh well I guess I’ll keep it for another winter after all.

Did you mean “we are…”?

can you please share the spreadhseet

I am paying a lower price on my lease buyout than similar used cars are selling for. I don’t understand the rationale from the other poster. What are your thoughts?

This refutes what other sources are reporting that say used car prices are soaring.

I was just saying this as a generalized statement about used Audis referring to their Germanic complexity and higher maintenance costs.

The other poster is an Audi broker and really knows the market for them. He most likely has clients returning Audi leases where their car is worth less than the current buyout or depending on mileage and condition worth just what the buyout is. He’s also saying there are lots of used Q5s coming back off lease which negatively affects the value of your particular Q5.

When you say this, are you referring to actual transaction prices or asking prices listed on dealer websites for similar used/CPO Q5s?

My lease buyout amount is about 28k and similar cars are selling for 35k. There are always a lot of these cars coming back bc they are very popular. The market for a new car to something similar to what I have is 50k. I’m not sure that is worth the difference. Thoughts?

that color is just beautiful, congrats!

2 Likes