Off Topic Landfill 5

and yet, here you are. god forbid you’d be able to even comprehend that a country you absolutely know nothing about could in any way be good.

as a super supporter that is your right and responsibility.

i wasn’t arguing it was a fact.

what are metrics precisely? do you have any actual studies to back up this argument you want to have?

oh is that all??? gosh, well then I guess you win this round!

a single fabulously wealthy man came here to have a procedure ipso facto we absolutely have to be the best.

yes he did in fact come here. you’re really good at this!

ok, what innovation have we come out with? you should really be prepared with this stuff before starting.

i don’t know what medical innovations we’ve had in the private sector so i’m unaware of how to quarter that number to compare.

likely entirely funded but that’s neither here nor there.

looking forward to continuing this when you’ve done your homework.

1 Like

Good things cost a lot of money. I will never understand why this is somehow supposed to not apply to health care systems. Good, fast, cheap. Pick 2.

2 Likes

US had the HIGHEST cancer survival rate of any country in the world. But tell me more about how Cuba rocks in health care. US prostate cancer survibal rate is 97% which is incredible. Cuba’s rate? 56%. Anyone who can even think of comparing the two health care systems in any meaningful way is not a serious person.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/cancer-survival-rates-by-country

1 Like

national health care and home repair contractors are exactly the same thing and can be measured completely equally.

ACTUALLY, upon reading the actual numbers, the US was not #1 in any single category studied.

happily! its completely free, no one has to worry about being able to afford country, despite being under embargo and heavily sanctioned by the US, they routinely send their exceptionally well trained doctors around the world to help out in crises. they have one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world, FAR FAR FAR lower than here in the US. they have an almost 100% vaccination rate amongst children. they developed the first meningitis B vaccine. they were the first to develop a method to eliminate HIV transmission from mother to children in-utero. and, of course, that spiffy lung cancer vaccine:

“CimaVax, which is both a treatment and vaccine for lung cancer, has been researched in Cuba for 25 years and free to the Cuban public since 2011.”

can you even begin to imagine what a cancer vaccine would cost in this country???

well i guess you won this time then. hopefully i’ll be able to regain my seriousness the next time we meet in internet combat.

Since Cuba’s so great what’s the survival rate of the people leaving there in makeshift rafts to come to the US? Better yet, what’s their survival rate when they’re returned to Cuba?

1 Like

100% vaccination rates LOL.
Ok dude you had me going now I know you’re just trolling. Good job.

1 Like

Only one of these companies funded the politicians that tried to overthrow our government, and then defended it and kept funding them, and then promised they would stop, stopped for a few months, and then started funding them again. I’d go with the BMW.

Politics should probably the last factor that should affect the car you choose…

1 Like

i don’t know. similarly, i have to wonder if you know what the survival rate for the homeless is in this country? you know, the thing that cuba has an almost 0% rate of…

yes, in children. polio, mmr, etc… things california wine moms wouldn’t want you taking.

well unless you had a thing against nazi collaborators.

@Ursus why not this comment too? Selective moderating Komissar?

1 Like

Because I don’t read every post, dummy. And there are other capable mods, too.

Ok Komissar. Keep on working. We very proud of you.

I have a similar situation with an Audi. Let me know where you got your lease buyout from as my dealership said their rates are currently close to 5%.

i’d be real careful on audi. used audi prices have plummeted in the past 2 months.

1 Like

The residual is less than I can sell the car for. Plus the price of a new car is much higher and we cannot find one that we want. Why would I not buy the car directly after the lease ends?

what kind of audi is it?

2019 Q5 Premium Plus.

i have seen a lot of these coming off lease the last little while. some have been underwater. some have been break-even. that’s one i’d stay away from. its value has plummeted and will continue to. by the time you’re ready to get rid of it in like a year, you’ll be upside down on your loan. i think that’s what a lot of people who buy out their leases miss.

Shouldn’t this be the rule of thumb anyway, regardless of how much used audi prices have plummeted? :crazy_face: :money_mouth_face:

Really? Damn. I have an Audi I’m thinking of selling. Oh well I guess I’ll keep it for another winter after all.