Off Topic Landfill 5

Chris has some podcast that nobody listens to.

1 Like

I saw Flaming Liberals open for TDS in Tacoma, circa 2004.

1 Like

I got a “real” degree from a top school with pretty good grades and it really wasn’t that hard. I goofed off so much I could have easily worked 20 hours a week. I had a summer job that paid well enough to not need to work during school. But if I had to, it wouldn’t have been a big deal.

Most of my classmates did the same and we all ended up just fine. In fact, the one guy among my group who did the absolute least amount of work is probably the most well off. He did it the easy way, married into serious money, LOL.

2 Likes

They opened a piercing shop.

1 Like

C’mon, man…no joke!

1 Like

EDIT: Didn’t mean to reply to above

https://wolfstreet.com/2022/08/24/as-used-car-prices-have-hit-wall-amid-signs-of-buyers-strike-used-ev-prices-spike-amid-huge-demand-and-little-supply/

1 Like

Simply Scandalous.

1 Like

Same happened with EIDL/PPP…SBA pretty much rewrote the law passed (“as congress intended”/SBA 'Yeah, right"), and no one flinched.

*no hoes were harmed in this post

3 Likes

Haha how my phone autocorrected “how” to “the hoe” is beyond me

3 Likes

The more you use a word, the more Autocorrect will.

3 Likes

PPP loans were on the ‘honor system’ as well…lol

1 Like

…and that went well. Remember…87,000 new IRS employees. :wink:

1 Like

I believe (hope?) the IRS is already closely checking EV tax credit claims, since there was major fraud disclosed in the past.

They took my legitimate one away in 2020 without explanation and I’m still waiting to get corrected with an amendment last year. Even got an in person appointment only for them to tell me that no one in that office was trained on the EV credit forms :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just think about that for a second, and they wanna give these folks deadly weapons. :eyes:

1 Like

2 Likes

The fact they can’t match a vin to a social security number should really give you confidence in their abilities…

2 Likes

Where hypothetically do you think that information should reside? The IRS doesn’t have carte blanche access to state DMV records.

Pretty sure Big Fed can get access to anything they want. :slight_smile:

2 Likes