Off Topic Landfill 5

Is that Etron gone?

Just pm’d you on a Mazda deal.

Can I have your link please.

Can I get his cell number? Reached via PM but haven’t heard back.
Thanks!

Here is the quote I got from @BMW_Dave:

Thanks for your inquiry! Here’s what the lease would be on the i3 S you inquired about:

STOCK M10382

36/10K LEASE

0 DOWN PAYMENT

1548 DRIVE OFFS

538 PER MONTH

No Cap cost, no RV, no MF. :cry:

Here is the quote I got from @BMW_Dave:

Thanks for your inquiry! Here’s what the lease would be on the i3 S you inquired about:

STOCK M10382

36/10K LEASE

0 DOWN PAYMENT

1548 DRIVE OFFS

538 PER MONTH

No Cap cost, no RV, no MF. :cry:

So? Did you ask for that information?

Nothing to ask with these numbers for an i3

1 Like

Hey there – Dealer is telling me that MSDs won’t work because RV/MF is “already very low to start with” and “set by Audi Financial Services so we cannot change them”.

Seems like total BS that I’d like to call them on, but are you aware of any recent changes that indicate this might actually be true?

What is buy rate on the vehicle you’re looking at?

MF is .00044

At .00044 they can’t apply max MSDs, as it would put the post-MSDs MF below 0, however, they can apply some MSDs

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any Sedan?? DM me

What difference does it make what you call it? It’s the end result that matters. Let me ask you this, hypothetically, if someone was to obtain nuclear codes and launch nukes, are you going to care if it was through social engineering, hack as a service, true to god hacking, an IT person being an idiot or a C-level making a wrong decision or someone blowing someone else in a gas station bathroom to get the codes.

Oh sweet summer child, is all I can tell you. Get out of it what you will.

That’s not how the nuclear triad or football works at all, but cool beans.

There’s also not a support line you can socially engineer them out of.

I work in IT security daily. I guard two FAA systems of airlines. I keep their PHP code up to date and manually patch PHP when necessary. Not major ones, but ones you fly.

IT security and red teaming dopes like you daily when required socially engineering you with a clipboard and vest. A fake work-order if you’ve really had your geritol.

You do what exactly? Just wondering while you’re up on your high horse.

Back to enrolling dopes like you in KnowBe4 security so you don’t get the corporation Maersk’d… or should I say Colonial’d?

3 Likes

It was a hyperbole to explain the point. I’m glad that the school system is still producing illiterate people who don’t understand how conversation works.

WOW. Manually patch PHP, holy shit, I didn’t realize we have a celebrity over here. Are you kidding me with you kindergarten language.

I’m one of those useless C-Level guys who don’t know anything and get payed for flapping my gums about stuff only rank and file employees know how to handle, make bad decisions all day and then spend the remainder of my time in a circle jerk with other c-level guys as we count money and decide who to fire for shits and giggles. My 20+ years of IT experience in coding, networks and security can never hold up to your keeping PHP code up to date. And clearly your endless experience with FAA makes you a premier expert on geopolitical implications of hacker activity. I now yield the floor to your vast expertise in quoting a blog and sounding all impressive.

On the other hand I may just be a “sad old man with too much time on my hands”, as I believe ethan called me for one of my other cranky old man posts, who was too bored and decided to start a fight over something completely unrelated to car leases. Who knows.

2 Likes

See I undersold that I’ve worked in IT since 2001. You ride that shit all day long. You probably learned it in your 20’s or 30’s, meanwhile I’ve had 20 years under my belt at 34 and run laps around old shits like you all day long.

Good to know one aspect of my job defines me!

Make sure your system is enrolled in MDM and S1 / DarkTrace is up to running or I’ll slap you.

1 Like

Oh we are counting pre-professional experience as well. Ok, let’s see, carry the one, multiply by 3, no you still come of as an idiot.

In case you are so interested in my personal life, I was coding when my age was still in single digits. The first computer was this horrible abomination produced by the soviet military block that had basic and used a tape deck for storage.

cool story bro. Assuming things about other people without knowing anything is going to get you far. I’m sure it doesn’t come across in your daily work, and everyone loves you.

You brought up PHP like it was supposed to be impressive, not me. The fact that it was the most grandiose thing you could come up with is amusing as all shit.

Don’t you worry about blank, let me worry about blank.

2 Likes

Is that why you’re so angry? Stop the hate, child!

It’s a paycheck. One day you’ll get your metal legs.

No I brought it up as a scary part of daily life. Multiple airlines are running Moodle backed software that doesn’t have a current up to date programmer since the original was a pilot and doesn’t like programming. I keep their code and backport patches that suports it. It is boring. It’s not fun, It’s scary, and a part of daily life. It’s often1-2 people keeping critical systems up and an ITGlue document if I go.

I’m not here for a pissing match. I know what I’m about. I’ve been writing OWASP rules for Mod Security, a web application filter, albeit for that filthy programming language PHP since 2005. My rules are part of the core rule-set in cPanel. Nothing big, but it helps the community.

Have added a bit to the open source InfoSec community and have for 15 years. Nothing vast, but I have nothing to prove to an angry old grey-beard.

Anyway, here’s more info on the group for those who are interested. Not political, but like Idiocracy - they like money.