Off Topic Landfill 2

Hershey sweet does not like broccoli and brussel sprouts. He used to drive a Nissan. Enough said!!!

Just kidding… welcome

Hi, is this still available? PM me

Hi, is this still available? PM me

I’d like a link.

sent you message about 228xi

Post your deals, so leasehackrs members can see your deals are better !!

you want to come into brokers topic and start comments about what i charge and you can do better and etc, This is how you get your business LMAO…!!

Dealers and/or brokers should not publicly bash each other’s deals @NYNJAudi - unprofessionalism at it’s finest @Jon

Oh man! I thought this would be the place to get car tech advice.

Did you try unplugging it?

1 Like

Hi,
I looking for a 2020 M4 36/12k or15k…automatic, preferably NON-competition version, but if so its ok…but the only thing that is a MUST is the color: Yas Marina Blue.

Can you help me?

1 Like

@824

1. You should just be crowned as the leader for all noobs (thats me), where once they graduate, they can potentially be your own personal military to fight the corrupt (dealers; just a joke!)
  2. My only question from your post regarding regarding Dealer discount (just clarifying), basically the pre-incentive selling price, is how much off your get MSRP prior to discounts. so if you were BUYING the car, its the same thing you would negotiate (selling price prior to incentives); and your saying that dealers get an unknown amount from manufactures and thats what they use when they trying to haggle the selling price.
    Example to my understanding:
    So car is MSRP 10K, volvo gives dealer 5K. should effectively be able to selling the car to the consumer for 5K prior to pre-incentive stuff; however, dealer goes ‘nah, imma keep some’ and says they can’t go lower than 8K and just keep the 3K for themselves. But as a consumer, you of course will push for as much off as possible.
    -wordy and lengthy-i apologize just want to make sure i understand; i have been stalking you :wink: and your comments and dear lord I have learned! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

I looked at the picture again that was posted by @bigsacattack; I understand that 5909 was used to bring to the current selling price; but what I couldn’t figure out is how you split the cost into dealer cash and dealer discount (4.5%). I am sorry for the constant barraging and annoyance. The picture listed, isn’t one im used to because typically see it broken down further.

1 Like

I am a sinner thru and thru. No crown on this head. :wink:

I don’t think dealers are greedy, they need to pay bills and buy nice stuff for their family too. It’s not about dealers trying to keep anything away from you.

Let me try to illustrate it this way. I want to re-orient your thinking. There are 3 basic ways you are going to cut down on the cost of a car. And you only get to negotiate one of them.

1. Volvo gives you incentives directly like loyalty cash, college grad cash, first responders cash. The dealers only job is to facilitate getting the incentive from Volvo to you. No negotiation - just let the dealer know you are aware of incentives and you would lie them in you r deal. Dealers happily oblige, they want your business.

2. Volvo gives incentives directly to its dealers to lower the price of a car to be competitive in the marketplace. The dealer is not oblige to tell you about these incentives, dealers just bake them into their selling price offer. No negotiation here. You don’t even need to bring them up unless the dealer mentions them (always appreciated). You job is to KNOW Volvo Dealers get this incentive and know that any price discount the dealer offer starts with these funds.

So far, you have not negotiated a thing. All you have done is use the internet to learn about available incentives - both direct-to-consumer incentives and direct-to-dealer incentives. Knowledge is POWER!

Now you get to negotiate. You want the dealer to give you a discount. This is a win-lose negotiation, the bigger the discount the less dealers make. So what’s the one METRIC you are negotiating? PRE-INCENTIVE DISCOUNT. Everything else in the deal doesn’t need to be negotiated. FOCUS on pre-incentive discount. It is simply the discount the dealer is giving you out of his own pocket.

1 Like

He’s hijacking another thread with your help.

I apologize and it was not my intentions and thank you for moving it off the the original post. sorry and thank you again!

That’s ok, happens all the time and I should have probably moved my posts also

I have one just like that in the San Francisco bay area.

• OnePay $6,000, I will pick up the $500 transfer fee (I onepaid $10,858 in Oct 2019)
  • Moonroof, harman kardon, Giga, Tech package. Includes insurance for small damage
  • Expiration Oct 12 2021
  • 4,500 miles on the odo >25k miles left. Like new. Only used for commuting Oct to Feb.
  • MSRP was ~54k

Any takers?

Start a new thread…