NYC METRO - 2023 Kia Sportage SX Prestige AWD Shadow Matte - 39 months remaining - $484.51/month, $1k DAS UPDATED!

TLDR - Paid well over msrp on the car at the time bc of the market, buyout is $38k, MMR is about $3k+ under buyout

5 Likes

pay the $3k and wash your hands –

No way…I will find someone. Also, I can Turo the car until I find a buyer.

Might want to look at your lease contract first. Thats usually not allowed.

1 Like

Ok, so basically I am screwed. Kia website says they don’t allow loan transfers, but do allow lease transfers?

You need to call them and ask for details

1 Like

Will do!!!

just pay it - save your time –

No way! That seems like a huge waste.

leave the keys on the hood

Just trying to figure out if it’s worth eating that money just to get a Mercedes EQ. Is the car worth it? That much nicer?

are you married?

No lol…I am 24 yrs old.

A year from now you will try to get out of the EQS, but that will be even more painful. Just stick with KIA that you apparently wanted so much that you overpaid for it.

9 Likes

No offense, but I think you need to be more realistic. You overpaid for your SUV and then decided you wanted a luxury EV. And then you want to get out of your lease w/o losing any money? The heart wants what it wants, but those kinds of decisions always cost something.

Posters have already told you repeatedly that you aren’t going to offload the lease here. You found out about “cheap” EQS leases on this site, right? So it would kind of make sense that the same crowd isn’t going to be all that interested in your car (esp when you won’t even post a single picture).

I imagine you will be able to find someone to take over your lease… but not here. Perhaps it would helpful to follow the suggestions of the other posters and cross post on other forums?

1 Like

Appreciate it and will be posting pictures shortly. Just haven’t had the time.

You have two real options.

1. Keep the sportage and stop reading leasehackr till your next lease.

2. Correct me if I’m wrong, but you saw an EQS that’s about the same payment as your Kia, you thought to yourself that you could have a nicer car for same monthly payment? If that’s the case, get rid of the sportage and just eat the loss.
    Why do you think you are able to get out unscathed? In almost all cases, selling a car within first few months of ownership results in negative equity. $3,000 to get out of a car you don’t want is a fairly small price to pay. If you bought a $100k vehicle, you’d be much deeper in the red.
    The last two years are not an accurate representation of what the actual car market looks like

4 Likes

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/i-need-a-car-i-have-no-idea-where-to-start/458172/44?u=paranoidgarliclover

Rather than de-railing the other thread.

You haven’t gotten the EQS then? Just keep the Kia. It seems that you cannot transfer the lease, anyway.

Yeah, but I am a car guy and really want this EQS. It’s tough, but I also don’t want to just waste money.

Car guys wouldn’t get a Sportage or EQS.

21 Likes