NY Pacifica Hybrid

Hello,

It seems like there are some big incentives (15k) to lease the 23 PHEVs but they come with high MF/low residuals.

Maybe it is a good idea to lease and take advantage of the 7500 rebate and a 7000 lease rebate from Chrysler and pay off the lease ASAP? To calculate this I use the cap cost - rebates. Do I also use 36x the monthly payment or is the high interest rate not charged if immediately paying off the car?

Thank You!

So the car is $56k
They were discounting the car $3k and then using $15k of rebates for a cal cost of $38k. With fees and tax it is roughly $43k. The monthly payment is quoted at $760 with just the first month due at signing. The residual is 42%.

To figure out the early buyout would I use:
Cap Cost of $43k + $760 x 35 months plus sales tax on the residual of $22.5k?

Or is the high interst rate not really a factor since I am not borrowing money for 35 months?

Your immediate buyout is effectively the adjusted cap cost plus tax. The actual calculations are a bit more complex than that, but that’ll get you within $500.

Taxation in NY is a little weird though, so you’d be better off doing a one pay and then buying it out. The buyout calculations are different on a one pay, but going that way will lower your total tax liability.

Thank You!!
I was definitely overthinking this! My head hurts lol.
So with heavy rebates even if the interest rate is high, I don’t really care about the money factor, as I want an immediate buyout.
Do we know if Chrysler does one pay leases?
Thank You

I am trying to lease a Pacifica Hybrid and buy it out immediately:

A dealer in Massachusetts will do it but said I would have to pay 3 leasw payments before I can buy it out. And then I would physically have to go to the dealer to actually buy it out. Is that true? Is it a state law or something? I asked if I could do it over the phone and he said no…

How about NY? Can I buyout over the phone?

(I am a NY resident and will be registering in NY)

If you buyout before 3 months, they dont get paid for marking up your mf

Thank You,

I called Chrysler Capital and they explained so long as I can cut a check I can mail it directly to CCAP - no need to physically go to a dealer. She also said that if I do go to a dealer that I would be on the hook for another dealer fee. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have had a rough time trying to negotiate a Chrysler Pacifica Plug In Hybrid Limited in NY. (Only 1 color works for us, and 1 trim level so that makes it tricky) Such weird experiences with Chrysler dealers. No one willing to play ball or even honor their own advertised discounts. After a few days of dealing via email with one dealer I got this offer:

39 mo / 10k for $559 per month all in.
$900 down which includes first month payment. ($341 down?).

Red Flag(s):

I mentioned that I have a Penfed/truecar $1000 coupon and he said that the dealership does not work with Truecar bc they charge too much so I can’t use my rebate.

I asked the dealer to send me all of the paperwork so that I can review it. He said that he can’t do that but he could have his finance manager go over all of the paperwork over the phone with me on monday.

He said if I am happy with everything, he will send a driver to deliver the car to my house on Tuesday for no additional charge and I would sign the papers at my house. I live 3.5 hours away!

Just want to hear your thoughts on these potential red flags. AKA how am I going to get screwed? :sunglasses:

If you haven’t done it already, you can offset the TrueCar rebate by clicking around Chrysler.com in a private browser window to bring up the website rebate.

As far as CDJR dealers, there are good ones but also a lot of bad ones. I had one agree to match all of my numbers but every time I asked to get a written quote they would stall. Sales guy, sales manager, etc kept calling me and I told them I’d buy the vehicle, I just needed to see the numbers on paper before I come in. “We’ll get those for you!” and never heard back each time. Eventually I got tired of it and just went to a different dealer.

You need to stick to your guns and double check every single line item, otherwise tell them no deal.

edit: i believe the truecar thing, a lot of dealers hate it because they have to pay truecar for the lead.

1 Like

A big THANK YOU! I hadn’t seen that one before. Beer’s on me. Let’s hope that they take it :sunglasses:

Deal Check/Help with Calculator

The Chrysler dealer sent me their contract but I can’t make sense of it. When I plug it in the calculator I am way off. What am I missing?

$559/mo 39 mo lease, due at signing $900 includes first month

Here is the breakdown:
MSRP $56,985
Agreed value $52659

Amount due at signing $8900 broken down:
$6597 Cap Cost Red
$1744 Upfront tax
$559 first payment

Amount due at signing will be paid:
$8000 rebates
$900 cash

GCC $53621 (it looks like agreed value plus dealer/dmv/inspection fees)
CCR $6597
ACC $47024
RV $26783
Dep $20241
Rent $1554
Tot of Base $21795

I do not have a money factor. Using .00110 give or take but still nowhere close to $559. I show it should cost much more. What am I doing wrong? Are they using the rebates as a down payment or is this just how the lease paperwork shows it? Tax rate is 8% if it matters

Thank You

Well they delivered the car and it is great. Here was the final deal, after the Chrysler $1,000 rebate:

39 months 10k per year

$900 das including first month

$529 per month

1 Like

Put it on LH calculator so it’s easier for you to evaluate it.

When I called the finance manager he said that Stellantis FS uses APR not MF and that mine was 1.34%. I still can’t get the numbers to make sense with the calculator though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.