NY lease/immediate buyout tax questions

I’m in the process of leasing a 24 Rav 4 Prime to take advantage of the $6500 rebate in NY. My intent is the purchase the vehicle immediately after I’m able to; in approximately one month when TFS allows it.

I’m trying to minimize tax exposure and have read/searched but am not exactly finding the answers. I’ve also used the LeaseHackr calculator to see if it makes sense and it only confused me more.

The calculator has a lease to buy option and check box for NYS rules - but I don’t understand what it changes and how that affects my decision making. Should I just put a ton of money down to minimize the buyout price and subsequent tax implications?

What are the potential gotchas?

Best option is probably to do a single pay if possible

What exactly is a single pay? Basically pay the entire cost of the lease as a down-payment?

Its a special kind of lease where there is a single upfront payment. It is effectively like doing one big down payment, but it is not a normal lease with a large down payment.

Alright, I’ll ask the dealer about this. I’m assuming this will still enable a buyout as soon as TFS gets the account set up?

A week ago I leased a 2024 Rav 4 Prime and exercised the “one-pay” option. I’m curious if it makes sense to buyout the vehicle as soon as TFS has the account setup or if the benefit to buying it out ASAP is mitigated by the use of a one-pay lease. Does anyone have insight on this?

It should make sense… is your payoff the RV less the present value of unearned rent charges?

How do you get a payoff before the account is setup?