2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid Base. As/of 01/08/2020

I’m 99% sure I’m 3,000 miles away.

In NY state if you manage to get state rebate you have to keep it full term.

1 Like

Correct, but I’ve read on a few forums that you have to be audited by DMV and if you are , only then you have to pay it back. if they don’t audit you, its fine.

However, the rebate counts as taxable income, so you have to pay tax on the rebate.

I’ve no idea if you pay tax on the rebate, and then they audit you and you pay back the pro-rated amount back, do you get the pro-rated tax back… :S

Yes, you can file to get the tax on income back …

Stop asking this question! You’ve asked 4 times. Do some work!

5 Likes

In NY after getting state rebate if you sell the car or get out of lease before 36 months, they will pro-rate the incentives to the months you kept the car and you have to pay the excess amount back.

One of my friend called as he wanted to get out of his Prius prime before 36 months into one of my i3 deals but decided to not take it due to his commute of 130 miles a day.
He was told to reach out to them when the car is sold or traded but I assume they will have a way to get records from DMV if you sell the car right away after taking the POS rebate.

1 Like

First dealer that responded in NYS is at the numbers below.

10k a year 116 a month
12 a year 125 a month

3 Likes

They also have a very broad military program which includes veterans. $500 Additional credit toward
a new Hyundai vehicle

For Active Duty, Reservist/National Guard, Veteran,
and Retired U.S. Military Personnel

Customer (or spouse) must be Active Duty, Reservists/National Guard, Veteran, or on Retired status in the U.S. Military at the commencement of the program period.
Active, Veteran, or Retired U.S. Military for this program are defined as customers serving or having served in the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, National Guard, or Reserves.
Contact your nearest dealer for details on eligibility.
The offer is good from June 4, 2019 through January 2, 2020.

1 Like

Can anyone help me understand if I can get this deal as a Pennsylvania resident? Can anyone recommend a South Jersey dealer?

1 Like

Alright, close on my Ioniq. 1K down and 110 monthly. I never walk away knowing for sure if it was a good deal, but sounded good to me. Thoughts?

1 Like

I think everyone is dropping hooks in the water today to see which dealers will bite.

The dealers received these program bulletins over the weekend.

1 Like

Some of these dealers are idiots, as to be expected. Dealer #1 near me has 6 of them in stock (maybe people should still try to fish with this one because of the inventory?). Then again, it could be because they don’t understand how to answer a question:

Me: I’m interested in stk. # blah blah, and here are my terms.

Dealer: Good news!! The 2019 Hyundai IONIQ EV is available.
When would be the best time to schedule a test drive today and go over your options?
We will work with you.
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you.

Me: As I mentioned, I am looking for a lease quote based on the following information below, including taxes and fees for zip code 10xxx.
The terms we are looking at are as follows: (and then I state the terms).

Dealer: Ok great. Please come in and we can beat it or match the deal.
All final numbers will come from the General Sales Manager.
When would be a good time to come in ?

Did I ask you to beat something or just provide me with a quote? Hello, automated robot.

Is this before $500 you mentioned earlier?
Which state are you in?
Does your state have any rebates?

Doesnt sound far off from the jabroni above asking the same question 4 times

3 Likes

Find direct # and name for the GM or Sales Manager:)

This is before the 500$ bonus drive, that you apply yourself. It has the NYS drive clean of 2000$. Total rebates came to 15k

1 Like

Huh, I though it would be $14,500 from Hyundai and $2,000 from NY state. Where was I wrong?

Still it’s a cheap car!!!

If only they had it listed on their website. Trust me, that’s what I usually do! I hate when dealers have no employee info listed, but that’s the least of my pet peeves with some of their websites!

I think what it came to is this: Taxes alone were 2,700 plus some fee BS…

At the end of the day, cheap car, no gas cost and will work for me for the purpose I am buying it (commute car).

But as always, I always walk away feeling I could have done better. Lots to learn from this group here!

1 Like

Care to share deal sheet to help others?

But don’t beer yourself much - it’s a $100 a month car:) hard for find another one cheap like that.

May be @AP919 can send your deal sheet to her dealer to beat! Lol