NY Body Shop suggestions?

So… careless me backed into a pole resulting in a dent on the lift-gate and the paint cracked/peeled as shown below. Any good body shops in/near Nassau County? Also any thoughts on going through insurance vs. not? (Rates will go up for sure and I have a $500 deductible vs. Honda not liking that I did not go through proper channels)

What is going on today? So many people backing into and rear ending cars. While I can’t help in NYC I have some great shops in upstate to recommend .

2 Likes

In Nassau County my father uses Zolezzi Body Shop, though they specialize in BMW I believe. I’m not too sure about Honda Body Shops, but Zolezzi has pretty solid pricing for NC area.

1 Like

While I cannot recommend any reputable body shops in Nassau county, to answer your insurance question I would first find a shop asap and get a quote for the damage, if it costs less than your deductible then there is no point in going through your insurance.

1 Like

Ultra Automotive Center in the Bronx, 3551 Webster Avenue, (718) 655-9756. They’ve always taken good care of me and my family.

1 Like

Honda has no opinion on who paid for the repair

@max_g i meant would they care if the shop was “honda approved/certified”

Are you planning to announce the body shop name to them? It’s a small piece of damage, don’t send Honda a singing telegram announcing that you dinged the car their bank owns. This is probably not worth Putting through your insurance, unless you’ve damaged the electronics or sensors.

1 Like

No Limit island park, impressive auto body Oceanside or if you’re closer to Suffolk Tom’s auto refinishing in Hintington

Don Joe Auto Body - Great Neck

Sands Point Auto Body - Port Washington

Black Forest Auto Works - Glen Cove

Skuffy Auto Body - Huntington

All have done top-notch work on luxury cars.

It is such a simple job there is nothing to approve or certify.

If those lines are paint/rust from whatever you backed into, you might not even need paintwork.

PDR to straighten it out followed by cut/compound to remove the external paint/rust

1 Like

To piggyback, just like you’re not required to use a dealership to maintain the car, you don’t have to use the OEM certified body shop either. Take it anywhere provided the car is restored to original condition. It doesn’t matter who it is.