Not sure if this is a good deal 2020 bmw 740i

Im brand new and really thinking about pulling the trigger on this deal:
I know that because of this whole corona virus thing that dealerships are shutting down and they’re giving away great deals. But I was wondering if I should wait for all of this to clear to get a better deal or pull the trigger… the only set back is its rear wheel drive and in nyc that sucks but *shrugs. What are your thoughts
bmw #7series

Brand new 2020 bmw 740i (RWD) 97K. $5600 down & $799 a month includes first payment tags taxes and everything

Why are you putting such a massive amount of cash down? What is the selling price, MF, incentives, etc? The COVID-19 crisis doesn’t automatically mean amazing deals. You should probably spend a couple hours reading up here because it’s clear you’ve done nearly 0 research

3 Likes

When you take the current RV/MF/incentives you got from Edmunds and plug in expected pre-incentive discounts based on your research (including trunk money numbers you found while looking at some of the broker listings), how does this compare to your target deal?

You realize that even an average leasehackr doesnt know about trunk money, a newbie is even more unlikely to knw about it

2 Likes

Yeah, um… I’ll try to say this as nicely as possible. You do not know this. You also clearly do not know what constitutes a good lease deal. I’d strongly recommend you do some research on the forum - we have an enormous number of data points and conversations about BMW leases.

Start with the wiki: BMW Leasing Wiki

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s the only part of my post that most new comers that don’t do any reading would be lost on, which was the whole point.

1 Like

So why don’t you post the great deal they’re giving away?

2 Likes

DO NOT put all that money down… no matter what!

1 Like

They’re giving away great deals? Who said that?

Bad deal! My guy can do way better! I got my 2019 BMW i8 Roadster for $2,000 down and $1,150 monthly payment. Hit me up if you want to talk to my guy and I’ll give you his phone number.

Free delivery was included and MSRP is $177,000. Every dealer I spoke to asked for $10-15k down to get a $1,150 payment.

1 Like

No idea what MSRP i8 you have, but there have been much better deals posted.

@Wantmy1stbmw Is this the first offer?

2 Likes

Thank you for answering with a direct link.

I would definitely do some reading and comparing with other LH deals before you keep negotiating.

2 Likes

I don’t think your guy did you any favors

7 Likes

i was speaking to a few people at the dealership about it

so i guess a better question would be what is a good deal that you’ve got on a 7 series. I’ve spoken to people on here that has paid 1300 a month for a similar lease. So its just all over the place

Hire a broker

Here? People on LH? Like who?

1 Like

$177,563.32

Look through recent comparables.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/search?q=2020%20740

Also check out the BMW broker spreadsheets that have been posted recently.

It’s worth your time to learn how a deal is constructed,

but if you’d rather not invest the time and brain power, have a broker do a deal for you. (You should still understand the details of the deal itself, though.)

1 Like