Non Captive lease option for previously titled vehicle (Used)?

I’m interested in leasing a previously titled vehicle but having difficulty locating a lender who will finance the transaction. It’s a 2020 BMW with less than 1,000 miles on it. I spoke with BMW financial and they said they can only finance/ lease new, demo and service vehicles. I offered to see if my local dealership would buy the vehicle, safety check it and CPO the vehicle back to me, no dice. They said a loan is the only option because it had been titled. The last step i tried was calling US Bank and Ally and both said to work with a dealer as they don’t offer lease options through the branch. I open suggestions and welcome any feedback as i would like to complete the transaction this month but don’t know where to turn to put the deal together.

Try a local credit union? This will be a non-traditional direct-to-consumer product… most likely a pretty niche area

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

1 Like

Unless it’s the only purple M-whatever with pink interior on Earth, forget about it. It won’t lease well.

As @jeisensc says, it isn’t going to lease well. Unless something has changed BMW has a program to do it, it is / was on the infobahn. The trick was finding the one person that knew where to find it and what they were doing with it. With a name like Unicorn Hunter I would move on to a new / loaner. FWIW, the deal I had wasn’t great, not bad, but it wasn’t anything to write home or on LH about.

Lease a Used Car? No one will touch it as they don’t know what happened to that car after titling.

Just get a Used Car Loan and be done. Or lease a new car or a demo.

1 Like