No Remote Climate Control in 2023 Porsche?

Little bit of a rant but realistically looking for a solution.

Helped my father close a great deal on a 2023 Panamera 4 Platinum Edition. Super happy with the car its everything he wanted.

However there is no remote start (illegal in Germany). Also my Sales guy just informed me Porsche has pulled the remote Climate Control from the My Porsche app for ICE vehicles. Only hybrid and Electric will have remote climate control thru the app. Wild to me a 120k luxury car does not have a feature standard on a 30k Toyota.

Wait until he has to pay for maintenance

4 Likes

luckily we got the pfs+1

Install the aftermarket remote start. Climate control will remain at its last setting.

Probably around $800-$1000.

any recs? i see your profile pic

Looks like they upped the price on these. A few other options on aliexpress that should be similar.

I would stay away. You must give up a key to make it work (i.e. buy a third key). So it is an extra $500-$750 plus the kit and install. It will cost $2k+ installed and if something goes wrong with the electronics in the car, the warranty might not cover it anymore.

You should use the rest button on the auto climate feature on the driver’s side. Press that AFTER you turn off the car and the fans will run for 20 minutes.

1 Like

Yes not ideal but if you want climate control and remote start, Porsche gives you really no other options.

I wouldn’t put untested electronics in a 1988 Hyundai Pony, let alone a brand new Porsche.

2 Likes

I guess you’ve never done a tune before. It’s all made in china products based on very little trial and error.

You also can’t get that sweet Corolla engine in a Panamera, at any price.

3 Likes

I believe this only works for heat (not AC), correct?

It is definitely a neat feature but is a bit worthless IMO. I would use remote start a million times over parking the car, circulating, and jumping back in. :man_shrugging:

I threw an AirTag under the spare, and then deleted the Porsche app for good.

Remote climate solution.

It just keeps the fans running. So it wouldn’t use either system, just the battery.

They do in the e-hybrid Cayenne/Panamera or Taycan.

Thanks for sharing. I would like to get a new 2023 Panamera 4S too, wondering which dealer/broker did you end up working with? Thanks!

@AutoCompanion was able to get me 7% off on a brand new in stock, couldn’t have been a better/easier experience

1 Like

Your post is a “wanted” ad.

All wanted Ads belong here and need to follow the posted template:

1 Like

I can’t even use my auto rest due to the coolant pump fire risk recall :frowning:

I miss that feature on colder days

What happened to the eqs?