No Dealer wants our Lexus?

Call another Lexus dealer, I sold my GX to a lexus dealer, they gave me 12k over buyout and I didn’t pick up another car from them…check came in the mail in less than a week. I actually could have done a little bit better selling to one of the online wholesalers but it was easier just handing it off to the Lexus dealer and waiting for the check.

1 Like

Thank you. I went to Carmax Saturday and Lexus Financial was closed so they contacted me today and confirmed their $34k offer. They could take delivery of the vehicle today, however, I contacted a PA Volvo dealership that was more then willing to work with me.

This has been mentioned several times over the previous years. Edmunds is able to offer their services because the moderators have direct access to the software used by the financial institutions to provide RV/MF data. They basically licensed it for that purpose.

MMR data from Manheim is effectively for dealers only and I’ve seen them put embargos on that data. I haven’t personally seen anyone lose access, but have heard of stories of that happening. I think there’s a difference between the two sets of data and I don’t know if LH is really in a position to start moderating that type of scenario.

2 Likes

And another thread that didn’t need to exist….

3 Likes

Maybe to you but not to me. This was my 8th lease (12th between myself and husband) and never ran into any issues that I did with my lease return. A lot changed since 2019 when I leased my Lexus. After spending most of Friday working with dealerships in my tri-state area and getting nowhere, I reached out here because I feel there are some very knowledgeable and helpful folks here.

Sorry if you thought my questions and discussions with others were pointless but I appreciate the fact that I could come here and hear other opinions other than my husbands. Thank you to all that provided your input.

3 Likes

I would separate those two transactions, it never worked for me, but this is my 02 cents.
Also, did you get the quotes from all those places listed below?

1 Like

Everything you asked could have easily been found out using the search functions as the same topics have been discussed ad nauseam. So people like you that may only come around once every 3 years create topics like this and for people like me that come here every day I can assure you that yes, this thread didn’t need to exist. What is astounding to me is the patience of our regulars to repeatedly answer the same questions over and over again. With that being said I am glad you got what you needed. Please consider using the search function in the future

3 Likes

Don’t get distracted @Mburrz11

Let me see if I got this straight. They WANT YOU to buy a new Lexus, but dont want your used one? Now, if you buy a new one, “who” will want it if the Lexus dealer says no. I call that “Red Flag” a “Stop, and go to another dealer, in another town if you have to.” If the Lexus has such terrible resale value, or the dealer is so under capitalized they cant handle your trade, you need to shop for a new place to buy either way.

There is a thread on Edmunds called Real-World Trade-in Values. However, I was the last man standing keeping it going for a VERY long time. Until I lost my MMR access. Now it lies dormant.

2 Likes

The PA dealership that we leased my 2020 NX from had no interest in taking my leased Lexus as a trade in on a 2023 NX. I contacted a local Audi dealer and an NJ (my state) Lexus dealer that also didn’t want the vehicle as a trade in on a new lease. The 2020 NX looked damn near brand new, clear title and only had 22k miles on it. Baffling, I know but after 48 hours of work - we were able to work out a deal and I was able to trade it in for another vehicle.

Which dealer did you trade it into if none of the ones in your post didn’t want it?

Used NX should be pretty desirable and easy for dealers to sell. All these dealers didn’t want to make any offer to take it or they didn’t want to meet some price you wanted?

Why not sell to carmax ?

Now everyone please imagine OP putting $10k as a down payment on a new lease. I hope this is not the case here.

I want to see the new lease deal to evaluate how hard/if this person got hosed

1 Like

Is there a TL;DR recap available? I don’t want to jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.

@Mburrz11 - Care to help me understand why no dealer wanted your Lexus?

1 Like

Has that ever been confirmed?

You tagged NJ. Did you also reach out to out-of-state dealers or online car buying sites?

Did OP have a written offer from them?

Why not just buy it out then?

No idea why everyone is so surprised. It’s not unusual when dealers just won’t take in trades, for whatever reasons.

1 Like

OP is making it sound like they were trading in a desirable model.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter, dealers may or may not buy any model.