Nissan total loss immediate purchase to capture equity

Nope. Just waiting on title from Nissan. All we did was simply mail out the payment to Nissan then tell the carrier that we’ve already mailed out the payment. We advised Nissan that we mailed out the payment and that the car was totaled they could care less. Both the carrier and Nissan have no problem with this.

1 Like

So your insurance company, while holding a policy that shows NMAC as the payee, is going to disregard the policy and pay you because you said so? I find that very hard to believe.

1 Like

No, they want the title. That’s what I’m waiting for. Same thing would occur if I paid off the car and failed to change the loss payee. BTW another user here private messaged me that he was able to do this as well.

Thanks for the update. Ultimately will be interesting if it works out in the end. It’s never actually over until you have the check in hand (and even then sometimes it’s still not over). Do let us know when you have further updates. Like I said, always good to have the data point no matter what the resolution ends up being.

4 Likes

You’re speaking logistically, when the issue raised was more along the lines of policy or legality. I understand it’s nuanced, but that’s the distinction being drawn.

2 Likes

Reminds me, I forgot to report back on this (and I’m not sure if anyone actually cares) but it was fairly easy to get this one. Called my agent to let them know that the vehicle’s been paid off and they went ahead and made the change and sent out new paper having removed the lienholder.

3 Likes

That felt like an unnecessarily snarky response. Thought you came into this thread suggest collectively we should cut down on the negativity?

6 Likes

This. It will be interesting to hear the final-final outcome of this story.

If a single thing goes wrong, it all goes wrong. All it takes is Nissan to utter the words:

Calculating Hold Up GIF by Liz Wilcox

2 Likes

Why even post, if your going to delete everything?

1 Like

This is like saying I paid for my items before leaving the store vs I paid after.

One is stealing the other isn’t.

4 Likes

OP - I thought the thread started about asking for a “friend” who had totaled the car … But “we” received the title …?

1 Like

It’s ALWAYS a friend.

Wow lots of people keep posting for their friends.

2 Likes

Ya’ll are relentless. Of course he said a friend. Like I said. The tone of this board makes it feel like someone here is going to do a citizens arrest if it actually works.

Ya, wouldnt want to admit to insurance fraud in writing

Ok but keep it consistent and say “the friend” send the payoff and the “friend” received the title

Interesting. My own perception was that posters were simply calling the OP on their BS. To each their own.

3 Likes

These cases seems a bit like cheating on your taxes, your risk of audit is low but it doesn’t mean it’s legal, then it’s really up to the individuals’ risk/reward calculus.

4 Likes

I don’t know why the leasing company would give up the equity because they don’t have to. Interested to see how it works out for OP err his friend.

@amazonman any update?

1 Like