Nissan rumored to cut models globally amid waning demand/age of product

Special edition badges.

2 Likes

Well that’s probably the job theyre cutting first since they don’t really need engineers…

I mean that new VC Turbo engine was a realll game changer for Nissan… Another Nissan failure…

Innovation that Excites

Looks like every Japanese brand had an increase in sales in the US for the month of July, except for Nissan (lol).

Toyota: Up 0.2%
Honda: Up 1.9%
Subaru: Up 7.9%
Nissan: Down 9.1%

Not a good look at all.

(source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-01/honda-bolsters-hope-for-first-gain-of-2019-auto-sales-update)

Blockquote Don’t tell @dmitry about this post, he’ll be pissed :rage::rage::rage::rage:!

Well, there goes the neighborhood :smiley:

1 Like

The thought they’ll fold into another manufacturer is still far off. I mean…if Mitsubishi is still hanging on…

1 Like

For 2019 YTD through July 31

Mazda -13.5%
Nissan - 9.1%
Toyota -3%
Honda -1%
Hyundai and Kia +3%
Subaru +5%

German Luxury
BMW +2%
Mercedes-Benz -4.7%
Audi -4.8%

Thanks. Where do you get this type of information?

Google. Each manufacturer lists out its sales figures in a press release. Some by quarter, some by month.

I don’t think Ford is struggling. They are doing a lot of capital investment, but are redesigning alot of cars in their lineup and coming out with some very good looking designs and tech.

They are discontinuing a lot of their cars, which I think makes financial sense, as the crossovers are more popular and the sedans would be due for a redesign soon. I would love it if they brought the new Focus ST/RS and Fiesta ST to the US, but I understand that it doesn’t make sense if they don’t sell the rest of the lineup, and that doesn’t make sense as those are lower margin cars that sell in worse numbers.

Why is Mazda doing so poorly? They make some of the better cars in the segment.

I love Mazdas (currently own an ‘11 CX-9 and had a Protage, mx-6, and 626 back in the day), but I think they’re pricing themselves out - the top of the line CX-9 is $46k and the CX-5 is $42k!

They have been trying to move themselves more upmarket since they broke away from Ford.

Well they need to fix their aging transmission and lackluster infotainment.
Even their “updated” infotainment, still seems aged.

Also, this is subjective. The styling IMO isn’t that great. Kinda weird looking, like its always squinting at me while bucktoothed.

And add turbos to all their cars

2 Likes

I mean what else is there to say? Ten year old cars aren’t selling, nobody is surprised.