Nissan Rogue SV premium midnight edition

How bad of a deal is this? Really like the car and this is as low as I could get the dealer to go even with a friend’s family member as the F&I manager. Don’t need to be getting the best deal ever but would at least like to not have gotten hosed.

Nissan Rogue SV premium package + midnight edition AWD
$575/ month
$1,000 due at signing
10,000mi/year
36 month lease
37,739 MSRP (with all incl. options from Nissan site)
36,100 cap cost
38,000 gross adjusted cap cost with taxes & fees
8.875% taxes, dealer fees, registration fees, etc included. When they wouldn’t go down any more at least got weather tech floor mats thrown in. Also got the $650 Nissan lease incentive.

Seems like a very high money factor, but I was quoted higher at an another dealer in the area for a regular SV AWD not midnight! Western NY (Buffalo area) Nissan dealers don’t seem to be very competitive.

Not comfortable doing a one pay and NY does not allow MSDs.

1 Like

You didn’t list MSRP.

1 Like

Thanks- updated

The deal looks ok to me, since it’s the midnight package you got the ‘cool looking verison’, I don’t like the $575 payment for a 38k car, but well that’s up to you. At least you don’t have any ‘addons’

1 Pay is nice, but there can be some gotchas if you get in an accident.

1 Like

I would finance and aim for 7 to 10% off. At least out west dealers are discounting Rogues substantially, not sure about premium midnight. You need to make a calculator to see how the numbers lined up, if not, talk to a broker.

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately doesn’t seem to be the case here yet, especially with limited dealer competition :frowning:

The broker I looked at seem to be coming up in the 470-490 range for equivalent SL since if I can’t get the premium/midnight package SV I would have to go to the SL which basically has the same features. Which is great price wise, but would have to take on transportation/delivery since they as well as other brokers all seem to be in the downstate/NYC area which is like 7 hours away for me. I also like the ability to go back to the dealer I got it from if and when any issues come up.

You might want to consider 18 month / 10k, residual is lot higher.
We test drove the Rouge SV with Premium package last month and like it too. The 2nd roll sun shade is very nice, no one else has it.
But it cost too much for us, and we ended up with a Murano SV(a dinosaur compare to Rouge)… hopefully the car market will go back to normal 18~21 month later…

2 Likes

Cmon dude almost $600 for a Rogue? :-1:t2:

It doesn’t matter if the dealer is doing you a favor here. If the MF and RV aren’t favorable, then it doesn’t matter if the dealer gives you a nice discount.

1 Like

I am well aware of the distance, my flight last week going to Canada was canceled at JFK, had to find my own flight to Buffalo and took a bus :joy:

Looks like the m.f. is .00352 and that’s brutal. Look into financing, it’s a nice car that gets good mileage especially if you don’t mind the CVT. Try to make a calculator and maybe more people will chime in.

1 Like

+1 on this. Higher RV would hopefully counteract whatever the MF is.

Regarding financing, I don’t know if I’d want a car w/ a CVT and potentially over-stressed 3-cylinder engine w/ variable compression in the long term (until more reliability data is available).

1 Like

Let’s not beat around the bush. Nissan doesn’t even make the discussion for vehicles to buy in this segment. Stick to Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia or Ford.

Mike Barney or West Herr? I tried Mike Barney during the frontier deal days, they were a non-starter, at the time they were marking everything up so there was no negotiation to be had. I did however end up with a good deal on my truck elsewhere, took it to MB for warranty service and they left oil all over my carpeted floor mats. Good luck, it’s tough when you need a car. I think better deals can be found elsewhere.

1 Like

West Herr. Mike Barney was more!

West Herr tried to mark up the MF on me and wouldn’t come down, but they at least had the integrity to tell me that. At the end of the day you’re spending almost 22k, which is more than half of msrp plus taxes if you were to buy it. I’m gonna be turning my frontier in this November after a 3 month extension, the deals around here and at this time are terrible. I’m hoping something gives by then, if not I’m thinking of trying to find a 98 dodge stratus for $575 OTD. Kidding, but these prices are a bummer.

I haven’t looked much into Toyota and Honda, but I had a Kia and too many were getting broken into to try to be stolen in this area same with Hyundai due to the Kia boyz stuff. We also had tons of problems with Ford and buying out of a Ford lease with my wife so we’re staying far away there.

1 Like

Does the Ford Escape typically have good resale value? I found the interior of the Escape so unimpressive that I could understand why someone might be willing to buy an upper-trim Rogue over that.

But, yes, Toyota and Honda are always the smart buy. To the OP, I thought the higher trim levels of the CR-V were… nice enough (although still not as nice as upper-trim Rogue). And, for that price, I assume you could get a hybrid.

Why don’t you just get one in NJ? It’s worth the drive, I promise. We don’t sell $600/month rogues here.

2 Likes

def worth reaching out to brokers, assuming they have the same discounts on an SV Premium Midnight, the numbers are a bit better -

Aronchi - $517/mo with $1k total ($401 due + $599 broker fee)

auto companion same price $517/mo with $1k total ($401 due and $599 broker)

these are last month’s #s

Yea should’ve mentioned numbers just changed today so whole deal can be different even from Buffalo dealer.