Nissan Military Incentive Question

Hopefully this isn’t off-topic and if so, please let me know and I can move the thread or repost.

I just spoke with a Nissan dealer who told me their military incentive ($500) only applied to service members with over 20 years of service. I called Nissan customer service and they said the same.

When I read the details online it appeared that current active duty or reserve, individuals with veteran status who separated within the last 24 months, and anyone who served 20+ years active or reserve and retired with benefits would qualify.

Can anyone speak with authority on this? I’ve just never seen a military incentive before that only applied to those with 20+ years of service.

Thanks in advance!

While I can’t speak with authority my take of the eligibility matches yours. It seems that both the dealer and the CS rep you spoke with are just misinterpreting the eligibility details.

If you’re working a deal with this dealer then I would just push back that their interpretation does not match what is posted online and that you should be eligible based on what’s listed below.

As you noted it seems the discount is good for:
-Active Duty
-Reserve
-Retired (with at least 20 years service)
-Veteran (within 24 months of service)

https://www.nissanusa.com/military-discounts.html

3 Likes

The dealer said he had already asked his manager and they confirmed but apparently he had not… now they are saying it does apply.

Your assessment is spot on.

Question asked and answered. Thanks!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.