Nissan Leaf S lease

time of day charging would be under 12c an hour, but only worthwhile if you get your ev billed seperately.

No need for a seperate meter. Pge EV TOU rate is $0.12/kw from 11pm till 7am.

The seperate meter is an option to help keep accurate account of ev electrical use. Which can also be easily accomplished with a $250 Sense module installed on the main CB panel.

Iā€™d love to see a comparison to the car Iā€™d be replacing. Saab 92x aero. AWD A/T 2.0 turbo. Which currently averages 18ish mpg on premium fuel averaging $3.50/gal where I live in NorCal.

it depends, if you use a lot of electricity during the day, TOU will kill you on that. hence the value for a separate meter.

$100 for the meter from PGE, plus the cost of a new sub panel install. So quite prices. Much cheaper to get a monitor like Sense.

https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/rate-plans/rate-plan-options/electric-vehicle-base-plan/electric-vehicle-base-plan.page

So the ev rate would only apply to the meter the car is charging from? And the house would stay on Tier? Well thats only a temp solution as everyone gets pushed to TOU 4-9pm in a couple years. ROI on that new meter would be negative

or just move to santa clara city that has a flat 11.5c rate 24/7

1 Like

if your saab is paid off, you would save $1000 per year in lease payments.
the fuel cost is higher obviously.

other variables

And live in that mess? ;). Haha no thanks.

I love Marin.

The PGE website estimates minimum $2k for the EV-B meter.

I donā€™t live there either, just saying.

We are all jealous of City of Santa Clara. In the summer, when I hit Tier 4, my rates are 0.40c
Although I might be wrong. Might be higher.
I vaguely recall last summer on the TOU plan, Tier4 peak hours were 0.55c

Still cheaper than a mortgage or rent there ;).

yep hard to find a house under a million that doesnt SUCK.

You have to look past all the decay and imagine the potential ā€¦

Dependsā€¦if the car is still depreciating you still have ā€˜paymentsā€™

Na. It was totaled out 4-5 years ago due to hail damage. It was paid off, Got my Check and kept the car.

You need to try harder. It is ā€œYou cruze, you loseā€

1 Like

Please send me the name of the dealer in bay area.
Thanks

Can I get some details as well?