Nissan Leaf Good Deal? $359 monthly

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and trying to get some help with my new lease. My current lease is up in about 3 months and looking for a new one.

I am into EV since I am trying to save on the gas today. My best offer from my dealer is the following:
-$359 monthly, zero down and all tax included
-36months and 10K
-MSRP, $31,670
Due at signing just first month, DMV, bank fee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Deleting my post. If you have 3 months on your lease you’re better off waiting it out

To be exact, September 28 is when my lease will expired

Yeah Id wait. This deal is horrible . I’d post selling price and MF too. Take a look at former shared deals for this car in NY

1 Like

This is atrocious even by current market conditions

1 Like

Hi, where did you get this deal? I asked my dealer and his best offered was
$359 monthly for 36 months and 10K milage
$0 down and all tax included
MSRP is $34,780

Thanks

Hi,

If you don’t qualify for CVRP($2000) post sales rebate… then you better go with 24 month.
Did you get the selling price before incentives?

Dealer never tells me anything about the rebate, I got the price right off the sticker he sent me. The $31,670 is the manufacturer’s suggested retail base price.

You will need to ask for their selling price before rebate, and ask for 24 month lease instead of 36 month. Are you in Nor-Cal(SF Bay Area)?

I’ll suggest ask for breakdown.
Ask for selling price before incentives, and which incentives they applied in the quote.
I attached screenshot below for example, this is using ZIP 11366(Queen), there’s a $9800 and $2000 standard rebates that everyone should be qualify for.

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

that’s very helpful, thanks. I will check into this and update you. Are the rebate and incentive going to the buyer or dealer applies them to the final price of the leasing?

Thank you! I have a lot of homework to do tonight.

I recommend waiting if you do not need to hurry.

I leased 2020 leaf a model at $69.99/month and $1,500 due at the sign. It was 2020 Black Friday.

that’s a crazy deal!! 36 months? I am guessing tax is not included?

Oh, it was a 24-month lease.
I am not sure about the tax… I am in OR.
I only pay $69.99 per month.
Also, I already got a $2,500 rebate from OR.
So, it was a crazy cheap deal…

Do you need to be OR resident in order to lease? If anything I can do the lease over there and ship the car to NY.

Tax is based on your registration address and a deal from November of 2020 isn’t representative of current pricing.

That’s like a free car! ((70x23+1500)-2500)/24 = ~$26 a month!

I agree.
I was trying to lease the Leaf 2018-2020, and I found that Nissan has great deals end of the year. In 2018 and 2019, Leaf A model was $80-100/months for a 24-month lease.
So, if this year everything is going okay, Nissan may have a similar deal at the end of this year.