Nissan Frontier in, Nissan Frontier out

Last year, I was in need of a vehicle so ended up getting this:

Extended it for a month before grounded it at the start of September at a Nissan dealership here in Missouri. I notice that the vehicle is now on sale in NY (my buyout was 34k):

https://www.simmonsrockwellnissanofhornell.com/used/Nissan/2022-Nissan-Frontier-226bf2c70a0e0a994857bfcaab7565ee.htm

So that folks closes the loop. For those interested, I replaced it with a 2021 Silverado Trail Boss.

No excess charges, and just the expected disposition fee at the end which I paid off a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

Wow Nissan took a bath on the 97% RV they put on all these trucks.

1 Like

Who would think that after a year and a half, a vehicle isn’t worth 97 percent of it’s sticker price…

OP, how was the deal on the Silverado?

If memory serves right, I think my RV was actually 99%

1 Like

Thanks for not being insufferable. :slight_smile:

For about 2 years, that was consensus reality, and it was impossible to convince people that valuations would come back to Earth.

This isn’t the first or last bath Nissan will take - this is why we lease. Congrats @purleez

The problem is that off lease frontier are flooding the market right now. I think they are a great buy in the mid 20s given how strong long term depreciation has been with Frontier. I keep trying to buy one but am getting outbid.

nissan made a really bad bet on used car values holding up for 18 months.

2021 6.2 V8 CPO 25k miles I paid just under 50k OTD incl TTL (sticker price was a little over $60k).