Nissan Frontier. How much off of msrp?

How much off of msrp for a Nissan frontier can I expect? It’s hard to have your fingers on the pulse when it’s changing so quickly, every few months. I know maybe six months or a year ago they were selling above MSRP. I have seen recent signed deals, 3% off MSRP. Dealer I am working with is quoting me at MSRP and acts unsure if they can come off msrp much. But others in town are 3% off, but he says they sneak in that money on the back end.

2.5 to 3% is what I have seen here over the last few days. If the dealer won’t budge from MSRP, walk away and find another dealer - doesn’t make sense to waste your time. Walking away is part of the game if you really want a deal.

I love this dealer attitude… as if they dont know what they can do and its all some great mystery you have to figure out together.

1 Like

That’s when you have to be knowledgeable in what the overall structure is and completely aware of what “fees/blessings” they are adding on.

Exactly. I just had an offer at 4% off MSRP but they were very clearly playing games with the MF or RV, although they insisted they weren’t. When I asked for figures on a one-pay, the finance manager told me he “wouldn’t know how to do a one-pay lease” and I walked away.

1 Like

They can’t play games with the RV, it’s set by the bank.

If he’s giving you 4% off MSRP, I’d reach out back to him and say you have a deal at buy rate MF and no adds, etc .

The numbers will work themself out. They’ll eventually figure out how to do one-pay once the time comes.

Something isn’t adding up. Despite the “Annual Mileage Allowed” at 12K, the dealer insists the numbers are based on 10K. If I plug this in the calculator, the total cost of $6.9K (from calculator) doesn’t jive with $428*18 ($7.7K).

Prob not using buy rate. $799 doc fee too ouch

Yeah, he was like I’ll have to ask the general manager. I told him I’m sure he has a roundabout idea how much they can come off MSRP. He called back and said he could do 500 off which is half a percent. I told him it sounds like the deal is not gonna work, that I’m not trying to make them not make any money. I have a Tacoma that I can extend the lease on for about 230 bucks a month but I would move to something else a little nicer/ newer for 300. It’s crazy the other dealerships in town sure don’t seem like they want to sell. At one I talked to several people and then told them about a one pay, never to be called back again.

I can withstand the $799 doc fee if remainder is 4% off MSRP, buy rate MF, etc. I spoke to the finance manager directly who insisted (both in a voicemail and over the phone a second time) that the MF is buy rate at .00371 … not sure what is driving the delta.

Could be a hard add somewhere. Ask him to show you his cards or give you a breakdown.

4% off is solid even with the $799 fee.

This is for a frontier also?

Anything we can point to that explains how to do the one-pay? Seems silly that we would have to educate the finance manager on this, but happy to do it if I can position as “here is how you do what you told me you didn’t know how to do”.

Yes it is, in the Southeast.

I’m in louisiana

Im close to a deal even though i dont need the extra truck :joy:

Currently at 7% off Pro4X 300/mo 500 DAS.

2 Likes

Teach us your ways, sensei

4 Likes