Nissan dealer ask $1495 for lease buyout processing fee

Thanks, any suggestions in selling my Q50 lease without registering under my name aka paying over 1.5k worth of taxes to be able to sell?

I mean, naturally I want take advantage of the current prices environment, since I will need to overpay on my new vehicle.

Thanks again

You could try a company like Rodo that may be able to process the buyout through an infiniti dealer. Or you can try selling to an infiniti or nissan dealer.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m trying to buy my leased nissan leaf and sell it but all the nissan dealer says its illegal to payoff and buy the vehicle without paying sales tax and dmv registration to the dealer. Theyā€™re not agreeing even if I quote about this 10 day CA tax exempt rule for resale or even if I say that I will deal with dmv directly in paying tax and registration. Please advise what to do to skip this sales tax as Iā€™m trying to resell it. Iā€™m in california bay area.

I have a 2020 Rogue Sport that was just totaled. Need to buy the title to get paid from the insurance. Iā€™m in NY and the originating dealer is way out in NJ. Car is heading for scrap any idea easiest way to get the title. 11 payments plus $18k residual I need to clear up.

If it was a leased vehicle, and its already heading to scrap yard, it may be too late. You need to buyout the lease from Nissan if they will allow you, and you get to keep the vehicle to scrap or sell as a part out.

Thatā€™s if Nissan will allow you, but since it was a lease and thereā€™s $18k equity in the car, they might not want to sell it to you. Also you need to factor in the buy-out costs, and deduct that from any insurance equity, to see if you can make any money.

Call Nissan in the morning and see if they will give you a buyout price. If they will, you might need to process via a dealer, if so reach out to Chuck @NYNJAudi

Appreciate the mention but I couldnā€™t take the $600+ QX50 and $900 QX60 Luxe payments anymore, so I did this last month at my Infiniti dealer

Stay tuned for some Jeep or Dodge/RAM deals though! :smiley:

2 Likes

I have the buyout letter printed. The buyout right now $22,151 - I have a high deductible and $1200 in storage fees I need to offset by having the insurance pay me direct.

Iā€™m not sure if you realize this but you donā€™t own that car. Nissan does.

Whatever insurance has to pay them, they will send payment to them directly.

You can check with them to see if youā€™re entitled to any overage after they get paid in full. If not, youā€™re SOL.

Your Nissan lease is basically over with and you get to shop for a new car .

Youā€™re running a big risk of buying the car and getting paid nothing

I just received the notice from California tax and fee department. They refused my refund request because I am not the one paid to them. they ask me to have the dealer involved to have the refund back to the dealer. If there is any portion the dealer can give it back to you, you will have some of the refunds.
what a joke! I am the one who paid the fee, not the dealer.
So, if you have any other option, do not work with the dealer to have your car buyout.

/sigh Itā€™s really starting to look like when you buy from the ā€˜Dealer Assistā€™ the Dealer buys it from the OE, which then is a OE ā†’ Dealer ā†’ Buyer instead of a OE ā†’ Lessee ā†’ Tax Refund loophole for CA.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.