Nissan dealer ask $1495 for lease buyout processing fee

CA does… Nissan may not in CA though

I came back from the original dealer. Best of the best dealer charged me only the purchase option $300 document fee, and the DMV fee etc; total is around $800.
I think I can get refund for the DMV registration through this link since my current one will be expired on Feb 2022.
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/customer-service/payments-refunds/
For the sales tax, let’s see if I can have the refund by filed form: CDTFA-101-DMV (S1F) REV. 3 (12-20) as the other leasehackr did @Hamid_Daudani

Have you sold the Nissan already?

No, the dealer said I will have the title pink slip about 6-8 weeks from today. Just don’t know how I can record the timeline so that i have evidence to claim the refund tax. Once I get the title, I will sell it to Carvana or CarMax.

Are you going to let the car sit idle for the entire time and hope that the value doesn’t drop in 6-8 weeks?

I don’t have other option since no one take lessor title. Just hope the value would not drop a lot. And Carvana offer can last like about a month.

do you mind sharing which dealership in socal you went to?

the bad one or the good one?

To sell it to any dealership like Carmax or auto dealership, I had to buy the car from the leasing company to get the title from them. I then had to go to DMV and pay sales tax to get clear title in my name. It took a while to get title in my hand. I then was able to sell my car.
As soon as I sold my car I applied for sales tax refund. I filed form: CDTFA-101-DMV (S1F) REV. 3 (12-20). The form can be obtained on line. I sent the required documents and gave them dates of each action. It proved that delay was not on my part. I got the refund soon.
Here is the time line:July 07, 2021: Sent check to my leasing company to buy the car from them
July 13, 2021: Received Certificate of joint Title from the leasing company
July 13, 2021: Visited DMV to get free and clear title in my name and paid them sales tax, etc.
July 26, 2021: DMV sent me a Certificate of Title in my name via postal service
July 27, 2021: Took certificate to another dealer and sold my carI turned in the form (mailed it) on July 28th. I called them on August 30th and left a message. They returned my call on August 31 telling me that your case is under review. They are running slow because of Covid.
They acknowledged by letter on September 28 letting me know that I will get the refund soon. I got the check on October 6.

5 Likes

The best of the best is Empire Nissan.
The one ask for processing fee is HGreg Nissan Puente Hills, will not step in this dealership any more.

HGreg is a crap show of a dealer network. Juding by my limited experience here with both the Nissan Kendall and generic Hgreg Palm Beach locations.

I just did the lease end buyout of my Infiniti QX30 at a dealership in southern CA. Paid residual + $300 + $85 doc fee + 7.75% tax + ~$50 DMV fee. The sales said everyone is buying their lease now. They may be able to process Nissan as well.

Time to find another dealer.

Evidently finding the right dealer is paramount. My brother took his QX-50 to the Infinity dealer near Huntsville, AL last week. He had 1.5 months left on his lease. They wrote him a check for $8K right on the spot. He had very low miles, but he said no dickering, or anything. They had almost no cars on the lot, used or new. I live in Orlando, and I’m selling my near end lease Lincoln to a local Ford dealer that doesn’t charge a “dealer fee.” I’m only charged my lease buyout plus sales tax. Then the dealer will buy it and give me a check for $4200.

I have the “Financial Institution” option in the payoff quote menu, does it mean I can work with a bank and get a loan without going through a dealer?

I spoke to my credit union and they asked for a purchase contract from the dealer.
From the payoff quote letter it seems the bank/CU can just deal with Infiniti Financial directly?

Sounds right, oo you are one of the lucky ones. Which state are you in BTW? I’m curious which states allow this.

WA.

To verify, I can buy the lease without a dealer, right?

Any recommendation on a bank to help me with that?
A bank that wouldn’t require a dealership obviously, and hopefully low fees/no early termination fees.

If your option has ‘financial institution’ yes, most people here get ‘Nearest Dealer or Dealer Assisted Purchase’.

PenFed.org, costs $5 to join, and they have good rates. It’s what people here are using, no idea on their early term costs, but no one has posted bad things about them so I guess nothing.

2 Likes

Anyone knows if there is such thing in Florida? I am willing to go through the hassle for a nice profit. Trying to get rid of my Q50 but of course Nissan gets in the way to sell to Carvana. Thanks

California and only California.

2 Likes