Nissan Ariya Lease Transfer Eligibility?

I am looking at leasing a 2023 Ariya but would really like to have the option to either buy it out or transfer to someone else during the term. According to Nissan, the buyout of EV vehicles have been forbidden starting December 2022. So that leaves me with the only out option being the transfer to someone else. Customer service did not give me a definitive answer on whether it was possible to do so, so does anyone have any experience in this space? Any Nissan dealers around that might know?

Hmm…good question.

You are aware that even if you transfer it out, you are still liable for it right? Nissan holds original lesees liable.

1 Like

Had no idea. Thanks for letting me know. Do you know if Kia follows the same policy (Holding the original lesse liable)?

1 Like

If you want an EV that is transferrable SAFELY, get a Tesla or a Chevy or a BMW

But also bear in mind that lease transfers are a courtesy, not a right. Many lessors have revoked the ability to transfer leases with little/no notice, especially in the last few years.

Dealer said starting tomorrow, Nissan will allow buyouts on the Ariya, reflected on the contract upon signing. No third party buyouts though. Oddly convenient given I mentioned it was a dealbreaker for me. Hoping it’s actually true.

According to the dealer, lease transfers are not allowed… Feedback received after I started this thread.

If he puts you on Ally…might be true, and also a real bad lease.

Kia’s policy, despite an outdated listing on their website, is no lease transfers.

TRUE !

• Reinstatement of EV Lease Purchase Option

• Beginning July 6, 2023, customers leasing an electric vehicle (e.g., LEAF, ARIYA) financed by NMAC will have the option to purchase their vehicle
    • Please see the July bulletin attached from NMAC on more details as there will be a transition period from July 6 – July 11 until the system gets updated
    • From my conversations with you all, this has been the #1 request – let’s start by reaching back to those customer that did not buy due to this feedback and see if we can get them back to the showroom
  • $7,500 Ariya Lease Cash converted to Residual Value & Money Factor support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.