Newbie LR Discovery SE help

Hello I am in the Central Part of NJ and need some advice on a 2020 LR Discovery SE.

I work in Westchester and walked into a LR dealer on my break today. Have already test driven this truck else where so I know this is what I want. The people were very vague and seemed to be preoccupied with one couple. This is the takeaway.

2020 Land Rover Discovery
MSRP:$63,902.00
Selling price:$62,078.57
MF : .00222
Residual : 55% = $35,436.10
Sales tax estimate:$5,138.36
Documentation fees:$75.00
Registration fees:$400.00
Terms: 39 months/10,000 miles per year

Payment: “$700’s per month” They would not give me price. Asked me where I would like payment. The next thing everyone walked away and seemed to have angry customer. Ask me to come back later or tomorrow.

Something does not seem right. Can someone help please? What should the payment be? They told me they only have 2x 2020 vehicle left. Can’t discount anymore then whats listed above.

Thank you kindly

Cast a bigger net or contact a broker. Check with edmunds for incentives/MF, that deal is horrendous

Move on to a dealer that won’t play games. This one isn’t worth your time. They obviously have no interest in doing business.

You did what everyone on this forum advises people not to do - walk into a dealership uninformed. You should know all the numbers, and know what a good deal will look like, before you start negotiating.
Start by reading 101, and familiarize with Edmunds numbers, and how to use the calculator.

1 Like