New trend of saying "Blessings" or a derivative of that word to people making unreasonable posts

I don’t know where this came from but can we please stop it. It is really condescending and off putting. This behavior is the antithesis of what this site is supposed to stand for. If someone is being unreasonable tell them. This is super annoying and cliquey. It feels like something immature high schoolers would do. Please make it stop.

2 Likes

I kinda love it haha

24 Likes

Came from here:

To be fair, posters on that original thread did actually call the OP out for a variety of things.

I don’t understand why it migrated to other thread(s). While I don’t think the migration violates the LH ethos, I do think it’s super confusing on the other threads (particularly if the OP for those other threads isn’t a regular) and should stop (if no other reason, other than clarity).

2 Likes

Joel Berry GIF by BabylonBee

16 Likes

I’m sure it will pass.

2 Likes

Like the Utz Factor, it’ll fade but not be forgotten. Bless!

4 Likes

BYH != Blessings

5 Likes

Really Dude?

1 Like

disagree…blessings tho! :pray:

21 Likes

So nice see this coming from our trusted hackers. Very mature

2 Likes

no stress monday GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

7 Likes

On another board in which I participate (not related to leasehacking or cars), this kind of repeating inside joke can definitely feel very clique-y (and bullying, actually).

Right now, this behavior on LH seems more random to me and maybe just a way to break up the monotony of answering the usual questions that pop up here.

I agree w/ @senwia that it’ll hopefully just die a natural death fairly soon.

1 Like

The OP was called out for stating no markup over MSRP, but including in the fine print at the bottom of the spreadsheet a note that a $1,000 alarm system add on was mandatory. I have noticed that comments about the $1,000 alarm system are now moved as off topic.

1 Like

$995 in Blessings, clearly.

14 Likes

I’m guilty, as charged. Used it once and got like 25 likes. Why stop there? lol

32 Likes

oof, noice. Influencer-level stuff there

4 Likes

Remember that guy!

4 Likes

Right. And “blessings” wasn’t even my idea. Probably the most I’ve ever got lol

2 Likes

Creating this thread probably wasn’t helpful in making it die down either.

6 Likes

Just let it die a natural and peaceful death.

3 Likes