New to leasing (WA) - Looks like some great deals on ID4s, Model Y, or Mach E. What to do?

, ,

Watched the vids on the site and read through the starter guide. Would love some personal experience from people if they have recommendations… Seems like dealers are looking to move the ID4 + Mach E right now with Tesla’s price cuts and '24 models rolling in, did some research on CarGurus and saw lots that have been there for 300+ days.

Is it really necessary to message the dealer with all the backend info like ‘residual’, money factors, or MSRP? Or can you just roll in and ask them if they’ll do $350/mo 12k/36 for 0 down?

Anyone in WA had luck with a particular dealer on this? Or just general tips to look out for.

Tesla’s pricing is fixed, you can try to find an inventory unit at a discount, but otherwise you are paying the posted price. I would not call a Model Y lease a great deal, although it’s probably better then carrying the bag owning one.

Mach-E does not lease well either. It’s a Ford, they don’t want it back. You can purchase and find your own lease-like financing, but this is a more complicated approach to ownership.

Clear winner on your list is ID.4 – You can find good lease deals on the 2023’s but research the 2024’s first and learn what you will be missing and why they are great deals now. I would reach out to as many VW’s dealers as you can and present them with your best offer.

If you’re looking for an EV Deal, check out Nissan Ariya’s & Hyundai Ioniq’s too…several posts here. Those 2 + the ID4 seem to have the best deals of late, in my opinion.

1 Like

Tesla customers service and lease return fees are horrendous. The car is pretty good.

Yeah I’d probably opt to purcahse the Model Y if i went that direction.

The Ariya is my wife’s personal favorite. If i could score a deal on that I’d be husband of the year.

WA, seattle
36/10k
354/mo, 1k DAS

So focus on that?

1 Like

No need to message the dealer to ask those questions since you need to know the answer to all those questions BEFORE you reach out to the dealer anyway.

Offering a monthly/DAS amount is a fine approach, but you need to be able to back it up. Don’t make an offer without knowing exactly how you got to that number.

Strictly from the standpoint of financing, I would not argue. But beyond that, I’d highly recommend that the OP take a good look at customer experiences with the ID.4. The slow software and poor interface (e.g. unlit climate control buttons) really seem to mar the experience for many.

Also, the charging network (EA) leaves A LOT to be desired. I was also very close to leasing an ID.4 but then got a taste of the day-to-day and decided against it.

Though I am hearing encouraging things about the 2024 model, I’m not sold on what VW is offering. Seems half baked and uncompetitive, thus dealers regularly knocking 10% off the MSRP. Feeling good about the deal doesn’t make up for the next 3 years of potential frustration.

Thank you for sharing this! Are the taxes low here because you got the selling price under the $45K limit for the sales tax incentive to apply here?

I’m also in the PNW, and it’s a joy to stumble upon such a great deal because browsing through the marketplace often leaves me disheartened by the lack of deals in WA.

Could you please clarify if the payment includes tax? If not, what was the total amount you paid? I’m a bit puzzled about Washington state tax exemptions when it comes to leasing.

Additionally, do you have any tips for finding deals in WA? Did you look at other model as well?

Hey, TheEggOfLight – Can you share what tax incentive (“under $45k limit”) you’re referring to here? In general, I’m confused what to type into leasehackr’s calculator for tax rate. So if you, or anyone else on this forum has any guidance on the taxes for WA, it would be much appreciated!

WA state gives 15k off tax bill (so $1500 savings) if the vehicle sells for less than 45k.

Payments I gave here were inclusive of taxes

Appreciate the update. Do you have any insights or tips for securing deals in the Pacific Northwest? Have you reached out to all the dealers with a specific monthly payment target in mind?

I pitted dealers against each other and was willing to drive to get the deal I wanted. The latest I got was a 2023 ID.4 S from Carter VW. MSRP was $44k, IIRC. $1,200 DAS, and $296/m for 12k/36mo. I emailed ahead of time and said “this is the deal I have agreed to at X dealer. If you will do Y, I will come in and sign tomorrow.” Carter VW agreed to the numbers I wanted, so I drove up the next day and picked her up.

1 Like