New to leasing - Looking to lease a 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Hi all,

New to the world of leasing but not car purchasing. I am looking at the Outlander PHEV and came across this lease deal from Mitsu - Here

My only concern is, I drive a lot! Around 15k-20k a year. If I lease my plan would be to buy it out after the 24 month period.

I have started to look at the Wiki and other topics but I wanted to check in here to see if what I am trying to do would make sense as I prefer the smaller monthly payment as I do not want to put 10-20k down.

To put in to context the deal youre looking at, after bumping up to 15k miles and including all the fees and taxes that doesnt include, thats roughly a $650-700/mo effective lease.

1 Like

Thanks, but say I were to go over the mile amount and just decide to buy it out, I wouldnā€™t have to pay the overages for mileage right?

Going to a 15k mile lease just changes the lease structure. I would highly recommemd you not do a 10k mile lease if you think youre going to use 15-20k miles. Thats a great way yo make yourself feel like youre locked into making a big financial mistake like buying a Mitsubishi

5 Likes

Save your future self a lot of headache and financial pain by forgetting Mitsubishi exists.

You will be paying at least $5k in overage mileage charges assuming you drive 20k miles. Thatā€™s an extra $208 ($5000 Ć· 24) per month.

As Matt said, if you drive that much, do not sign a $10k/year lease deal.

1 Like

Thanks all for the advice, I will be looking away from the 24 Outlander :slight_smile:

1 Like

The 299/mo ad is bogus, it doesnā€™t include all the fees like destination, registration, and taxes. Itā€™ll be closer to 500/mo all in.

To answer your question - correct, if you buy it out at the residual value when the lease ends, you donā€™t pay overage because the car is yours.

1 Like

Crypto Manga GIF by DAZZLE SHIP

You donā€™t pay an itemized bill for the overage. Thatā€™s true. You just pay way more than the car is worth.

Hope you like being in submarines because youā€™ll be underwater for a long, long time.

I actually made $4k on my 2018 phev lease when it ended. Granted it was during covid when used car prices were ridiculous, but still, itā€™s not bad in all cases for everyone.

My total lease was under $10k for 3 yrs, so with the flip I got it for less than $2k/yr. Iā€™d do the lease all over again if the same deal came along.

The worst thing about the car was the beeping. I had to take apart the head unit and unplug the speakers to make it stop.

Uh oh, I was test driving one this morning. The dealer was trying very hard to get me to sign a lease deal on the spot. Iā€™m new to this forumā€¦ Is the distain for Mitsubishi well established or should I be asking you to elaborate?

I also like the Hyundai Tucson, if I accept life with 5 seats, otherwise the Mazda CX90 is talking to me. I had an offer today on the CX90 from a broker in NYC who would deliver it to me in Miami. He offered 24 months, 12k miles, $1,633 down, $434.56 per month plus tax, MSRP $51,320 selling price $46,821, minus $8k rebates (including 7,500 Federal Tax Incentive), residual value $37,513.

The reliability, dealership locations, and general reputation of Mitsubishi is pretty low.

Also the prices arenā€™t all that great, so why not get a car for the same price with a 10yr warranty.

1 Like

Buy the Tucson if it still has sub 1% APR for financing; otherwise lease the CX90. Either way forget the Mitsubishi

1 Like

Mitsubishi just ended their 0% for 60 on the Outlander. Either way, I test drove a non-hybrid and it wasnā€™t bad. Itā€™s a Rogue with a small 3rd row and the previous non-turbo motor.

To revisit this topic, there were some decent lease deals on Outlanders in the Northeast last year. Is there any way to ā€œhackā€ a Mitsubishi lease of any variety? Is the outgoing ā€˜23 PHEV a better option than a ā€˜24 PHEV or regular Outlander? I may have to pencil out some sample calculators ā€¦ it seems they may be stronger some months than others vs. always being ā€œonā€.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.