New to Leasing Looking for Luxury/Sporty Sedan

Sometimes yes, sometimes no, sometimes much better, sometimes much worse.

The advertised offer isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. Just ignore it. It is nothing more than flak.

Ok, but isn’t it worth at least a starting point to start basing what offers you send to the dealership? I understand you can go back and see what others have got or use the edmunds site.

It is worth NOTHING

8 Likes

Advertised lease specials are not worth the bytes they are encoded-in. Thankfully they stopped murdering trees.

1 Like

Ok thank you for that clarification!

1 Like

I’m curious as to why you think the K5 is hellafun?

Your primary focus should be negotiating a discount off the MSRP of the car. That is how you get to a pre-incentive selling price. As for fees such as dealer fees, registration fees and acquisition fees, they are non-negotiable. Everyone pays them.

EDIT: Read leasing 101 if you are ready to learn more.

3 Likes

I see mentions of these rebates and other deals for money off. Are those found easily online, or just haggling with the dealership to get the MSRP down?

You can find the different rebates by going onto the edmunds forums. Or you can just cold call a random dealer and ask them what rebates there are for the model you are looking at. I did both to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. Consider everything from recent grad, military, loyalty, conquest, lease cash, etc.

:point_up::point_up: Yes. Rebates further reduce the price of the car. There are some manufacturer rebates such as lease cash that everyone qualifies for, and then there are additional rebates such as loyalty incentives, military, college grad, costco, penfed, etc.

I cannot state this enough, but you need to do some reading.

Good luck with your search.

1 Like

Follow the step by step instructions given to you in the first response to your thread.

1 Like

@egothrasher - Check out this broker deal on the TLX.

They are offering 12% off MSRP + applicable rebates. Monthly is less than $350/month pre-tax + $2.2k due at signing (covering fees and first month) + broker fee. That’s for a 3 year 10k miles per year lease. I don’t recall if you stated your mileage needs.

1 Like

Traitor. Hershey bars or bust.

Thanks for the shoutout! We’re blowing out these cars!

:chocolate_bar:

Hope OP reaches out.

Why do people come to a forum just to ignore advice from credible sources?

Took 30+ posts just to establish something as basic as ignoring a garbage ad?

Guaranteed OP hasn’t done jack with @mllcb42 ‘s playbook. Not even step 1.

So what’s the point again?

4 Likes

I see no need for hostility. As for mllcb42, yes I read all the blog posts and have watched numerous videos.

I like the styling, but maybe I should have said Stinger instead.

Does any of it make sense to you? If it does not, then read it again.

:point_up::point_up: If the lease jargon is too much for you.

I agree! :ok_hand:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.