New to Leasing - How do I talk to the dealer?

You have to subscribe to it? Apple is so expensive for everything!

Android all day, every day!

‘19+ come with compatibility standard but have 1yr trial and $80/yr beyond that.

BMW is charging for it, not Apple.

1 Like

Still ridiculous if you ask me!

What does that mean?

Except on a BMW, since it doesn’t support Android Auto on any of its models…

OP come back and share some numbers so we can evaluate this deal you want to make on a 2018 which I think the numbers will be to high since there is no lease support on it.

As I’ve said nearly 10 times now, OP cannot even try to make a deal on the 2018, because there is a stop sale with no date for when it will be remedied.

I imagine the dealer is probably working up to a… “oh we can’t honor this deal at the moment because of XYZ excuse, but here - what about this X3 for only an extra $150 a month”.….type thing.

Yeah I think this might be the trick at play, but with an X2.

Yeah but for not much more than the X1, one would hope.

Nah, incentives have been gutted for the X2.

1 Like

In that case, I’ll take an M550 for the price of the X1! Sold! Hahahahaha.

2 Likes

For that price I’d take two.

1 Like

Hi. I decided not to pursue the X1. But I am looking at 2 other vehicles. But I have a quick question first:

On the window sticker does “ Importer’s Suggested List Price P.O.E.” Mean the same thing as MSRP?

Because it can’t be pursued?

POE typically means port of entry…

1 Like

I don’t know if the X1 can or can’t be pursued really, it just seemed difficult trying to get much response from the dealer through the email.

I did see a BMW 640 loaner that I really like. And I’ve been emailing with them. The last email I sent I asked what percentage they were using for the residual value and if they had any tax credits available for the car. It’s gotten very quiet now. I think there were like 4 people emailing from the dealer about this car and I kept telling them that I was already being helped, but they all were insistent that they could give me information, now it’s so quiet. But we’ll see…

I also inquired about a Volvo S90 loaner. I know, all very different cars, but I like them all and would be happy with any of them. Now this one seemed like the most realizable one to me so far, based on the emails. I asked the question about the residual percentage and then they tell me I can’t lease it. I asked why - because when I click on the detailed car listing, right there it says the detailed pricing and then it provides the numbers they’re offering if you want to lease the car. I sent them a screen shot. But of course I haven’t gotten a reply.

So I don’t know how close I am to actually getting a car yet, but I am getting a feel for knowing what information I need and why I need it BEFORE I make an offer on the price.

I think you need to do some soul searching before you end up signing on something you’re going to regret.

1 Like

Not only do I agree with @Electric, but you seem to only be pursuing loaners. Is there a reason? Sometimes, the incentives on “regular” new are the same or better, and some dealers might need to clear inventory (it is the 29th!) and will cut a deal.

Narrow it down to one of the crossover, sport sedan, and sedan. If you’ve been shopping and X1, the 640 is in a completely different range and will almost certainly cost you a boatload more.

You also need to solidify your price range and focus on that.

It’s the last weekend of the month, and I believe fiscal quarter for several car companies, so you have a lot of work to do this weekend (or today if dealerships in your area are closed on Sunday).

I would also check incentives and see if they extend past the end of the month because of July 4. That might buy you some time.

1 Like

I am trying to get something done by end of today since it’s the end of the quarter. And yes I have been looking at the 4th of July incentives. I think I like the loaners best because I seem to get more car for the same amount of money that I would spend on a new inventory with less features.

Again, you need to decide both what amount of payment you can afford and what you’re comfortable spending, based on that. You might be pleasantly surprised what you can get. Figure that out, decide on a car, search by that car here to see what people are getting, or search by the dollar amount.

1 Like