New to lease: 2020 Acura ILX

buying a new 2020 model in 2021.

Are you asking specifically about leasing or just purchasing? There are tons of people that have leased 2020MY vehicles in 2021 on here. As long as there is lease support still available from the bank, it’s no different than any other new car.

I will try buying a new 2020 Honda Accord LX ($21K) or 2020 Acura ILX Base ($21.5K) with cash. Some threads indicate there is minimal negotiation possible with cash offers.

I wouldn’t go straight to paying cash. Dealers make money from financing, so by paying cash, you’re removing a place where they can make money, so they may not discount the vehicle as much. You’d be better to finance it and then pay off the loan after a few months.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’m sure when the dealers call me tomorrow, they will make any excuse possible about how the truecar prices are garbage. I am in no rush in buying and I will keep checking back for good financing deals.

Why are you waiting for the dealer to call back with an offer? Work out what your target deal is and make them an offer.

They are all closed on Sundays. I have the screenshot from truecar for 20% off. Lets see what happens tomorrow. I was looking at financing it and then turning around and paying it off in a few months. I have to figure out if there is any early payment fee.

How much of it is incentives? Have you confirmed the incentives separately? When you look at the actual incentives and research comparable deals to identify a target pre-incentive discount, how do your numbers compare?

Having some numbers from TrueCar is fine and all, but you should easily be able to determine how those numbers came to be and you’re going to need to know where you can actually expect to be, so that if a dealer comes back and says “that’s a typo” or “that includes x random incentive”, you know if that’s true or not.

FYI, every Acura dealer in Dallas / Ft Worth has tax credits right now on every single year and model. This includes the 2022 MDX for what it’s worth (although good luck getting that for anything other than MSRP + dealer adds right now).

I’m sure this is the case for Houston as well.

Could make for a good deal on something like a 2020 MDX

I actually just leased a 2020 MDX SH-AWD w/ Tech for my father. $505/month. About to post in share a deal.

This thread is like banging my head against the wall.

Everyone is telling the OP to learn what they are negotiating and the OP refuses to do any research and just comes back to TrueCar price.

Feels like they would be better off just going to a broker since they don’t want to do the work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.