New Porsche Panamera Turbo - 20% off - Will Deliver Nationwide

Not even six hours since he posted. It’s 10 pm EST. Maybe he’s gone for the day? Salespeople are human too.

4 Likes

It’s a great car and overpriced but never stopped worse vehicles from selling at ridiculous prices. Btw, the Taycan is coming and if I were in the market for a nice Porsche that’s the one I’d get over the Panamera. :+1:

I would be curious on 911’s as well…

Who has the 2017 new turbo for 40% off? I’ve been looking for one.

3 Likes

Thats super aggressive.

The guy could have a day off for all we know.

Why throwing shade this early on?

Also, how do you know he isnt familiar with 911s if you didnt speak with him?

5 Likes

Agreed. Also people need to understand a Sport Turismo yes has ridiculous discounts based on when I looked last year before the Bentley deal I got someone out of curiosity. The normal Panamera Turbo is yes about 20%+ off for the previous year and Sport Turismos over 30% if well negotiated but the Turbo is in more demand than the Sport Turismo so less discounts they aren’t interchangeable in terms of discounts. Yes you still will lose a lot if you buy one even discounted 20% and comparing the last gen 2016 Turbo to the new platform doesn’t make sense. A comparison to the depreciation of a 2017 would make sense for a estimated cost to purchase vs lease but you need to understand its all based on the options the Turbo starts around 150K and there are dealers offering ones with only a few options vs a loaded one so it’s not like a Accord Exl that are all the same.

hi all, my schedule on Monday is 8:30-8 and Tuesdays 12-8. After nearly 13 hours staring at my computer, Monday nights I try not to think about cars.

Unfortunately the ST wasn’t a hit in the US… it has nothing to do with Porsche @Luckyboy, it’s wagons not selling well here, period (which is why we don’t get the RS6 avant here unfortunately). I also find the rest of your post a little on the unlikely side; I just did a search; there isn’t a single NEW (unpunched) 2017 Pana turbo left in the country. If you want to send me links to the new cars you say are being advertised at 30% off, I will show you that they are almost guaranteed to be PCNA corporate demo cars dealers buy at PCNA auctions.

as to the gentleman on Rennlist who is “pissed” the dealer is offering him 120, he bought a car that was 25k dollars over MRM… That’s almost money you can just write off to depreciation immediately.

@jman19, im not sure if you’re the man from NY that called last night asking how aggressively I can discount a 2020 992… If so, I thought I had explained that we have had trouble keeping them in stock since they landed (2 weeks ago) and that I would need to get back to you. Our sales manager leaves at 5 on Mondays, so this afternoon is the earliest I would have had an answer for you. I apologize if that wasn’t communicated well.

also, we didn’t talk about the 992 or any other 911 beyond how much I could discount it, and me asking you what model specifically you were interested in. As someone who has worked with Porsches (mostly 911s at that) for 15 years, you are the first person that’s called me anything but annoyingly overinformed about them.

11 Likes

Dont listen to that guy.

After I made my post above, I got a PM, that was then retracted by another member, who was responding as if it was him.

Very confusing. Something smells fishy.

Keep doing your thing @PorscheDavid

5 Likes

Hi David-

I am very interested in a Macan lease- I have a XC60 coming off lease and really want to take a look at the Macan leases . I am open to a demo/loaner as well.
Let me know if we can set up a time to speak.

Agreed I never saw a normal leftover Panamera Turbo that wasn’t punched for 30%.

It’s too bad. I drive past a Porsche dealer every morning and it’s the ST that always catches my eye over the regular models.

1 Like

RS6 Avant is coming to America… maybe super wagons are catching on :grinning:

2 Likes

Can’t wait. They are finally bringing the best RS car here in the US.

Thanks for posting. Keep these coming. I’ll be in the market for a Porsche soon

@PorscheDavid sent you a PM yesterday…waiting for a response please.

David, thank you for posting here. Need more PAG content on this forum, please stick around.

RS6 Avant is finally coming to the US. Sport Turismo’s problem is that there is no history of american buyers wanting a higher performance Porsche station wagon. There is a market for Mercedes and Audi performance wagons, however. People willing to spend that kind of cheddar are a niche market and have strong emotional connections to these types of cars.

There is a LOT of misinformation, disinformation and FUD being spread in this thread. A few things:

• In analyzing this deal you cannot use data from 2016 or prior models because the Panamera was all new for MY 2017. Might the used/trade values track? Maybe.

• Porsche are known awful leases by LH standards. Porsche residuals and MF are not set to push leases the way BMWs are.

• The Sport Turismo is a body style not an engine designation, so you should not conflate the two as someone did above when saying you can’t compare a Turbo to a Sport Turismo. That is entirely false because I own a Turbo Sport Turismo. The engine/drive set ups are:

Base (a RWD car with a 6)
4 (AWD, 6)
4S (AWD with more powerful 6 engine)
e-Hybrid (6 + electric motor)
GTS (detuned 8)
Turbo (twin turbo 8)
Turbo S e-hybrid (twin turbo 8 + electric motor)

ALL of the above can be had as a ‘regular’ Panamera body style i.e. the one with the sloping rear OR a Sport Turismo (the ‘station wagon’ version). Additionally, some of the ‘regular’ Panameras can be ordered in “Executive” trim which is a longer wheelbase version.

Annnnnnyway, the best bet is to check nationwide inventory on cargurus or the like for the engine set up and body style you want, and start shopping. As has been pointed out, still-new 2018s are being puked out at 30+% off MSRP. And yes many are openly advertised as such i.e. that’s just a starting point for negotiation (sorry OP, that’s the fact). Not surprisingly, the higher you go up the price ladder, the higher the % discount you can find. I and many others on RL have gotten insane deals on these cars.

I LOVE my Turbo Sport Turismo. Best car I’ve ever owned by FAR.

6 Likes

What is the going rate for 992 / 911s? % off MSRP?

Thanks

Hi David I’m interested in a Macan Lease
Do you have anything? And What am I looking at? Ty