New LH home page

Just wanted to say the new home page looks great!

2 Likes

Thank you!

We are experimenting with a new landing page to see if that helps direct new users to the right resources. To our surprise, we have gotten some strong feedback. We just got an email lambasting the change. We would love to hear more from everyone to see how we can make Leasehackr more accessible.

1. What would you like to see on the top of the homepage?
  2. Is the current layout helpful in showing new users what Leasehackr is and directing them to the right resources?

It appears to us that we have made a lot of assumptions regarding our user base – seasoned and motivated users like you who are comfortable with digging around on the forum. We love the community structure as it is. Yet as our audience grows, we noticed many new users need more guidance on how to navigate through our pool of resources. Hence the new homepage, hoping it would direct folks to the right places based on their skill levels.

So what do you think? In the coming month, we plan to conduct some informal research by reaching out to our less tech-savvy shoppers to see how we can serve them better. We appreciate any feedback you have!

7 Likes

People hate changes :grin:
Looks good to me.

12 Likes

I agree. Seems clean, and intuitive IMO.

1 Like

Looks great

My suggestion is to offer more accessible linking on the Marketplace by region. It can be intimidating to get dumped right into the general marketplace, and those regional links are not well-discovered.

To avoid confusion between regions: how about offering a clickable Map and/or Landing Page on the marketplace to direct users to the Marketplace for their appropriate region? These buttons are very useful and not currently represented on the homepage.

2 Likes

Is the change desktop only? I haven’t seen a change on mobile yet!

I hope I don’t get asked in the informal research, cause that would imply I’m on the list of less tech-savvy shoppers! hahah :rofl:

One minor thing. This is how the vid showed up on my screen - completely blurry.
Is it me only?

Just you

1 Like

I guess then nothing to worry about. I can live with that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the changes.

The only thing I would recommend is a one-click link to the Forum, as that’s usually the first place I go.
Currently, I believe the quickest path from the home page is either a) clicking the menu, then then forum (two clicks) or b) scrolling to the bottom and then clicking the forum link at the bottom (long scroll/page down and one click)

A shortcut similar to the large “Ask a Hackr” rectangle that takes you to the forum homepage would be awesome. I could obviously do the easy thing and make a bookmark to the forum homepage but just thought some might want a similar one-click path.

EDIT: I didn’t click the “Head to our community” button, which is exactly what I was looking for… curious if anyone else missed it like I did or if I’m just dense

1 Like

I did miss it at first because it wasn’t in the new links at the top

Thank you all for the feedback! Added links to regions and linked “Ask A Hackr” tile directly to the forum instead of the Ask A Hackr category.

@dloco by the fact that you have a forum account, you won’t be our target interviewee.

2 Likes

Especially people who scrape the site to post the deals on their sites :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did the menu layouts change?

Looks like Everything is now the Latest link.

Very confusing on the phone but figured it out on the PC.

yes it did, LV made an annoucement somewhere.

You can turn off the left menu under your profile somewhere.

1 Like

I like it! It’s easier to access.

Sorry… didn’t mean to reply to you just to this thread.

I assume LV is one of the founders… couldn’t find the announcement.

The new layout is fine, just different from what my muscle memory is used to with clicking on the menu in the upper right and then clicking Latest or New.

Always thought the hamburger icon on the right was a weird place for it anyways as that differs from most other UI/UX anyways.

Edit: Never mind, I found the announcement from littleviolette: New Sidebar and Notification Menu