New lease on 2022 BMW 530, any advise?

Hi all

Im new to the forum and also new to leasing. All prev leases have been a lease takeover from Swaplease.com just bc i though it was easier.

In market for a new vehicle and will be send this the following email to the sales rep. Please advise on wording or if i should add/remove anything. Thank you!

Hi

So for that 530 , i’m trying to get to a payment based on the following factors:
36/12k
$38,680(57%)residual,
.00136 money factor.
61,074 cap cost (10% of $67,860msrp)
1K loyalty incentive

Please let me know if the cap cost is a reasonable number we can work with.

Probably best to start with sales price only, then start talking at incentives, MF, etc. If you approach a sales person with all this info right off the bat, they probably won’t want to work with you since it won’t be an easy sale. It is possible to come off as too informed or arrogant.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thank you for that advise. I did talk the the rep and he just sent me a Vehicle Inquiry (break down of specs and options) and also just a price saying
0$ due at signing
$1,177/month with 10k annual miles,
or $1,196 with 12k annual miles.

RUN from this dealer, look at broker deals. $1,200 for a 530?! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah clearly he doesn’t want your business. Tell him you were looking for a quote on the 5 series, not an M5, and move on to another dealer.

3 Likes

Yeah… i was in a 2018 540xdrive msrp 70k? for about 840/month. lease ended so i returned it. This was from Ls.com

I’m returning my '18 530e this month, too. I’m playing the waiting game. Deals are going to continue sucking for a while.

1 Like

Most cars do not lease well. They do not have the programs (RV, MF and incentives) to be good candidates for lease-hacking, regardless of what dealer discount you can negotiate. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

1 Like

This comment has been copy/pasted too many times… :smile:
But yes, this market is mehhh

2 Likes

There’s no equity at all in your 530e?

Nope. Buyout is $36.6k and Vroom came back with the highest offer at $34k. All others were between $28-$31k.

You think that’s bad, I’m way underwater in my 540. Lease ends in July, it was 499/mo for a $75k sticker 540. $3k and change DAS. Buyout is just around $48k.

Just fyi you can still keep your lease past 6month past the end date. You just get charged your normal monthy amount and the miles you get are just prorated. Had 2 vehicles we did that to. Called bmwfin to see if there was a way to extend the lease and the rep told us that legally we can not keep the vehicle for 7month past lease end date but up to 6month, its ok.

1 Like

I’ll murder that price on a 530i btw.

Hit us up!

2 Likes

Pays to be smart with your money regardless of what other sheep (“the market”) are doing… a decently equipped 530i is a $600/m car at most and you’ll never get there under today’s BMWFS programs

1000% agree 1k+/month payments should be M550 prices. Unfortunately this market… Will post the deal i get up fetti g once completed

Now is not the time to lease a bmw. Try another swapalease for short duration.

I think nobody should pay $1k a month for M550.

How much should somebody pay for a M550?

I mean before plague times, one could be had for under $700/mo.