New Jersey EV rebates this time of year?

Hey all!

2 months left on my 2020 Nissan Leaf lease. Trying to decide if I should get another Leaf now (SL plus $395/month 0 down) or wait until after the 1st hoping for another NJ Clean Energy rebate? Anyone hear anything about 2022 EV incentives?

Thereā€™s nothing on Jan 1st for NJ incentives. If they come back it will be in the stateā€™s next fiscal year beginning in July 2022.

That lease deal sounds meh at best. What else have you looked at for leasing or buying?

i like electric but trying to keep it under $350 a month so i think leaf is my only choice?

the ā€˜trade-inā€™ on my current leaf lease is $3000 which gets the deal to $0 down $360/month for 24 months, still lukewarm?

Considering the leaf as a deal was $199 with 0 I believe, that isnā€™t even warm, itā€™s frozen.

it used to be $37/month, too, but not in this market.

1 Like

SL PLUS? I dont think that ever went that low?

$199 for SL+ Maybe not but itā€™s probably close.

Currently Nissan is only giving $2600 off, they used to give a LOT more.
Though itā€™s probably the only EV that has a 74% residual.

For $395 / month you might want to look at the Kia Niro EV Premium.

It never was, IDK why you keep perpetuating that myth. That required ~$1,800 DAS with VPP IIRC and $600 more without VPP which most people donā€™t qualify for.

2 Likes

ok so it was sub 100 all in?

I actually clicked your calculator link at the time and IIRC it was more like $150+ effectiveā€¦ maybe the DAS amounts were a bit higher than Iā€™m recollecting and a 24m lease.

Yeah it was a lot lower than it is now but thatā€™s not the point. The point is it was never $37/month, not even close.

@dansudit how much is your Leaf???

It came out to $102/$102 DAS with VPP on an SV.

1 Like

Since first post has not changed, this must still be available: 2021 Hyundai Kona EV Limited - $344/mth with just $344 and DMV due at signing. 36/10K - NJ

Looks like the Limiteds are all gone, however I have gotten a final drop of Kona EV Ultimates for 2021!

These have the full adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist. Sure, these arenā€™t a $92/mo all-in Ioniq (or $102/mo all-in Leaf w/loyalty, credit where credit is due to Mike), but these Konas are more competitive with other premium SUVs with ā€œself drivingā€ features and 250+ mile range. Still a great deal in the current market.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.