New incentives for VW DIESELs

deleted post

So VW dealers are selling two-year-old cars by marking up the MSRP to pocket the manufacturer incentives? Consumers, sit tight and make them come to you!!

Doesn’t make sense because it looks like it’s $8,500 lease/$5,000 finance customer cash. And as such, it doesn’t come out of dealer’s pocket and they cannot pocket it. So I think if they sell at MSRP, there is still customer cash to bring the selling price down.

But dealers can always sell above MSRP, unless I misunderstood what you’re saying. :slight_smile:

I doubt it. Who wants to pay over MSRP for a 2 years old messed up diesel?

Agreed, but the $445/month only makes sense if there is a substantial markup before the incentives are worked into the deal, no?

It’s not clear how he came up with this number - he never answered if it included customer cash, also no terms, or MSRP.

Just to provide an update, several of the FL dealers (who show no TDI inventory) confirmed they are selling the 2015 TDIs right now. I spoke with a couple sales folks who said they’re flying off the lot at MSRP minus the $5k for finance at 0% or $8.5k for 24mo lease at 10/12/15k.

I’ve gotten four quotes for a Golf S TDI in Georgia and Florida. All four were at 385 w/o tax and drive offs.

VW has TDI fanatics. They are out there.

Sometimes you can bring a horse to the river but cannot make it drink. Same with these TDI fanatics.

Sure, but even they won’t pay over odds for an old model. It’s not like VW TDI became a classic in 2 years.

Just for reference, VW South Charlotte and VW Charlotte are letting Golf and Golf SportWagen for $700 over MSRP…

Steve White VW in Greenville, SC is not doing any discount since they’re flying off the lots.

I’ve only managed to get 2k off a Jetta…

RIP TDI dreams.

This sounds more like a tdi nightmare. When vw recalls the cars for the fix, maybe the tdi fanboys will wake up from their sleep.

The dealers I contacted said that apparently the vehicles had already been fixed and would only have to have a maintenance at the one year mark for the final fix.

Thing is, this is the last opportunity to get a TDI in the US in the foreseeable future

1 Like

They also seem to have some mileage on them, from about 80 to 200 to 900 (this is probably a demo). Probably due to testing after fix?

Some of the dealers in my area have “new” cars up to 10000 miles LOL. Apparently they were using them as loaners and personal transportation for employees…

I’m kind of glad that VW dealers are doing ok on these. The reality is that VW corporate has paid huge amounts of money for the misconduct. VW dealers have been greatly impacted by all the negative publicity. I see this as them catching just a bit of a break.

Now, would I consider paying anything close to MSRP for a vehicle with this kind of baggage? Not only no but hell no… guess what… in the coming weeks/months they will have hundreds of thousands of bought-back used TDIs hitting the market. No way there is that kind of sustained demand. Expect prices to be at bargain-barrel levels. I imagine a person who got $25k+ for a car, then they buy one just like it 6 months later for half that amount… humorous.

1 Like

Just a theory. The TDI crowd seems to drive them 200k mikes so long-term they do ok, even paying more upfront.

There is little point to leasing a fuel efficient car unless the monthly payment plus gas is calculated together. There is also no point in leasing a diesel for that reason. Or the fact that they are more reliable since no lease is for 200 k miles. No one here is talking about the cruze diesel for those same reasons.