New incentives for VW DIESELs

VW dealers are now permitted to sell 2015 diesel models that have been in storage the last two years, and apparently the Golf wagons are flying off the lots. But the Jetta TDIs and Beetle TDIs are not selling as fast. Anyone have full MF/RV and discount info? I wonder if there are real deals to be had. Apparently the Golf wagons have $8500 in lease support that can be applied on a 2 year lease.

I found some Canadian information (although this is also a US deal):

MY15 Golf TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $6,000 Finance Cash! OR
Customer Cash Up to $8,000

MY15 Sportwagen TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $6,000 Finance Cash! OR
Customer Cash Up to $8,000

MY15 Jetta TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $6,500 Finance Cash! OR
Customer Cash Up to $8,500

MY15 Passat TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $7,500 Finance Cash! OR
Customer Cash Up to $9,500

MY15 Beetle TDI: 0% finance up to 60 Months + Up to $6,000 Finance Cash! OR
Customer Cash Up to $7,700

Very interesting definitely worth keeping an eye on. An dealer near me has three 2015 vehicles coming.

Tried googling couldn’t find anythjng about the offers or lease cash

It will be curious to see if they have lease support. If so might have to add a VW to the driveway.

Are Diesel version supposed to be cheaper than regular?

Has anyone been able to confirm this? I’d be extremely interested in a Golf at 8k off.

I just went to my VW dealer and got 2 for $30 a month. Sweet deal! Was a little dusty and coughed up some fumes on startup but for the price, can’t be beat.

=====
From Car and Driver Mar 2017

What diesels can’t I buy? Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche dealers can’t sell any new diesels. Additional certified pre-owned diesels are also under stop-sale orders. The following cars cover models and model years that go beyond those cited by the EPA, which has not ordered VW to halt sales. This list of banned diesels comes directly from VW corporate, although more models could be added. Other 2016 diesel models scheduled to debut, such as the 2016 Passat TDI, will not be offered anymore. Volkswagen has since committed to electric cars, and it’s possible the company will not sell a TDI diesel in the U.S. ever again.

$30/month, really?! That’s phenomenal if so.

Did you read the rest of the post?? VW diesels cannot be sold in the US, period!! The OP is spreading fake news.

1 Like

No he isn’t. I just spoke to a VW dealer locally that as of this morning, the '15 TDIs are available.

Just read this. Seems like VW can sell 2015 TDIs if they have the proper fix.

Ok guys, I was wrong… Wonderful news. Let us know how the lease goes. For $30 a month, I would consider it.

I’ve contacted two dealers, and apparently they were just informed this morning. Cars are being prepped. I’ll hopefully be able to provide some concrete information this evening regarding real numbers.

From VW vortex. Does not seem to be like great deals to be had…

"Did the numbers today, on a '15 GSW SE w/ Lighting package

Lease #s :
45% residual with 15k miles
47% residual with 12k miles
48% residual with 10k miles

Money Factor is 0.00064

$0 down, $449/mo from local dealer. $8500 rebate + $1000 local incentive."

I will try plugging it in…

It’s $449 even with $9500 in rebates?

24 month lease
money factor .00001
Residual for 15k miles is 42%

according to manager I just spoke with for a Passat…terrible numbers

this was on the golf sportswagon. the residuals are garbage (as expected for a 2015).

Lease deals like the ones we celebrate on this site are only possible because we take advantage of the absolute fringe cases, often combining several favorable elements like bloated residual values, hefty incentives, Government rebates, and big dealer discounts. The deals we make are not winners for dealerships or for the car manufacturers.

VW has already taken a gigantic financial gut punch on these vehicles. They know that they are going to have to offer big customer cash to get consumers to look past all the bad stigma. They want to get rid of these cars and move on, not lease them out and have to then sell them in 24/36 months. I would be extremely surprised if lease programs (if offered) will be very attractive.

I had a '14 Passat TDI - it was a great car and those things are known for running for hundreds of thousands of miles. They are tanks! If the fix doesn’t introduce some new problem like significantly reduced fuel economy or reliability, I think there are going to be some fantatic deals available to buy them!

I should have been more clear that the thread wasn’t a joke, because I can see how it sounds like fake news :slight_smile: