New EV lease numbers

Exactly. Point was that the tax credit wouldn’t help with the monthly payment since it doesn’t apply on a lease.

@Qbrozen has one, can provide his cents.

However, I think the Ioniq5 is a great car to buy and drive while technology develops, because it’s going to be a second before graphemes, or higher power densities knock everyones socks off. If you’re ready and your needs are suited to an ev, then definitely purchase it.

I did have a Mach-e. It is a very nice car. I have not, however, had another similar EV to compare it to. I had a standard range AWD and saw the projected range dip as low as 140 miles on a full charge in freezing weather. It is quick, comfortable, roomy, and very nice build quality. I’d call it a bargain at ~$40k after fed incentive.

I didn’t have much of a problem finding them. There were 4-5 within 50 miles that were not spoken for. I was told Premium or higher would be much tougher to come by, though.

1 Like

One of the main reasons to go with the AWD on the Ioniq 5 is that you get a heat pump (even in the basic SE model). The SE with AWD MSRP for 48,500 (or 41k after federal rebate summing you can get it for MSRP).

I’ve only seen a $5k markup in OC area of SoCal.

Looking at any other midsize SUVs, especially PHEVs like the Sorento, it’s in the same range price-wise so you might as well go full EV.

Even a hybrid Highlander in a Limited trim is over $50k… and that’s not even PHEV.

I recently leased my 22 Kia Niro EV EX for 379p/mo, 379 DAS, 36/15. I came from a Nissan Leaf and I wanted to get a Leaf SL Plus but I did not find value in the programs as I did with my 2020 SV (40kWh). I think the Niro is the best EV to lease right now, I got 10,800 in lease cash, (up to 11k right now, but with an MF bump from last month its almost the same deal). I could honestly flip the car and make money on it right now if I wanted to.

If you want to lease another EV, the ID.4, Niro EV, Kona EV (2021 only, not 2022), and XC40 Recharge, The ID is an ok value, and the XC40 is just so expensive even though they pass on the full tax credit.

I would say buy the Ioniq 5 and claim the credit. I really don’t think the Ioniq will age that badly in 3 years considering its one of the newest models out there right now, and also one of the fastest charging.

1 Like

Do they? I thought Volvo wasn’t passing it on at all. They definitely aren’t on the C40

Really? They used to for 2021 when I looked at it last summer. I remember before they just took it off the selling price at the dealer like how Mitsubishi/Ally does with the Outlander PHEV. Need to double-check with the dealer about that one. I know that Polestar doesn’t take it off the P2 so maybe they changed their mind.

I checked with the Volvo dealer near me, and they told me that they do pass the 7.5k rebate, and offer $1000 loyalty with a lease (i have an xc90 as my primary car).
The dealer told me that Volvo, as of 1/1/22, does not allow dealers to see what cars are available in the port anymore and order what the customer want. As a result, each dealer will only get a small allocation of xc40 recharge until the new model year sells in the summer, and they don’t even know when the next delivery will arrive.
I think that if I can actually find a new xc40 recharge, I can get a decent lease deal on a very lovely EV.

Using the rv/mf from Edmunds with $7500 fed and $500 loyalty, an at msrp deal on an xc40 recharge is going to be roughly $800/mo

broker @nyclife is doing 11.46% off MSRP + $7500 on an order only if you check is spreadsheet

Crazy enough, the quote I got for the ioniq 5 SE AWD lease was over $900 a month with $1500 down.
And that is for a 48k car vs. the Volvo that is 58k.
I will check with @nyclife to see if he can get any XC40 Recharge deals.

That’s what you get for a almost 50k vehicle with a residual under 50% with no incentives :frowning:

are you in OC?

The deal was done in Central NJ, our EVs are sales tax free

I went to talk to the local Volvo dealer today and they gave me a quote for a new XC40 Recharge; 36/7500Miles lease for $771 a month with 3k down (not including tax).
This includes 8k in incentives (7.5k for the federal rebate and $500 for loyalty).
61,985k MSRP.
the included fees are:
$499 protective package/Nitro (not sure if they will be willing to remove it)
$799 dealer admin fee
$56 title
$54 license
$995 acquisition fee

$900ish/mo for an XC40 is insanity

3 Likes

better than the Ioniq 5 that is even more expensive and has an MSRP of 49k. :wink:

I don’t know that I’d consider the xc40 recharge worth a $12k higher msrp, but it’s really a moot point. None of these are good lease contenders.

1 Like

100% agree. This is not a good time to buy or lease a car.