New BMW 7 series

:pig_nose:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Good lord, first the beaver 4-series and now a walrus 7?

I never thought my first two BMWs would be my last two, but thatā€™s where things are heading.

5 Likes

No no no. this isnā€™t right. Can an admin block BMW from doing this ?

Noticed later itā€™s an illustration and not the official reveal. Still, Iā€™m expecting the worst.

1 Like

How do you delete someone elseā€™s post? LMAO, for real though. Wow, BMW 850 CSI vibes?

1 Like

My guess based on the current 4ā€¦ this image is flattering.

Wow. I find it harder and harder to believe that this is the same company that once created the E38. That era seems more and more like a lucky fluke, in retrospect.

1 Like

The safest place to be is inside the new BMW 7 series. That way you are spared from the horror of how ugly it looks from the outside.

1 Like

Not nearly as macho-aggressive as the flared snouts on the 4 and M3.

Alternative information and images were shared. https://www.latestcarnews.net/bmw-7-series-2023/

Theyā€™re sparking a conversation about BMW with those grills, they will change them back within a year or 2. The grills are worse than audi and the q8 has the worst grill in the auto industry

I saw this posted on another website, and I thought Iā€™d share it here. Does anyone find this trim attractive??? I think it looks absolutely horrificā€¦

I havenā€™t seen a new one in person, but they are hideous in photos (especially on the build tool, and it doesnā€™t matter what color[s] you choose).

I still love my 2019. Temptation to replace it with one of those from the Storm Trooper fleet is nonexistent.

1 Like

Itā€™s hideous in every trim.

People old enough to remember the introduction of the E39 and then the E60, just to cite two examples, will chuckle at all the hand-wringing over those changes.

drove this for 3 months last year courtesy of fellow LHsā€¦ lovely car. Picked it up in TX and drove it back to Miami after a night out at E11. Car basically drove itself. Have an i7 on order, weā€™ll see whether I take delivery or not.

Yup. We have another thread here somewhere on the 7 series. I found that exact configuration and posted it with the same disbelief.

Nah, I thought the transition for those 2 cars was prettyā€¦ jarring.

I thought the E39 was one of the most elegant sedan designs, like, ever. The E60 was not as shocking as the 7-Series from that generation, but the weird headlight ā€œeyebrowsā€ were pretty offensive to me. And the whole iDrive screen ā€œbumpā€ (also very inelegant).

While the new 7-Series is pretty wild (and not in a good way), nothing will ever be as shocking (in terms of relatively recent automotive design) as that first Bangleā€™d 7-Series. And not just b/c of the butt. The whole thing wasā€¦ bad. Although Bangle (or was it van Hooydonk?) was correct when he said that the BMW design language really had nowhere to evolve to (which is why I think weā€™re seeing these shocking design shifts)ā€¦

It is better in black, but still ugly, the rear quarter looks like a Buick and it could really use some much bigger rims.

You drove one of the new ones for 3 months?