New at this - 2024 Audi Q5 40 Premium, QX50 etc

MSRP on dealer website is $49k. Any guidance on structuring the deal is much appreciated.

You should be aiming for a pre-incentive discount of 8-10% off + rebates. You can use the LH calculator to structure your deal whichever way you want. You should take a look at broker deals in the Marketplace to get an idea of what deals on this car looks like.

Thank you so much.

Al lright, I am learning. Managed to get my first quote from a local dealer. I should go back and ask for the break down of the $5,500 and include all taxes, fees etc. Correct?

Use a broker.

1 Like

First thing to learn is that not all cars lease the same.

The Q5 is not a great lease candidate ATM.

You can choose better if you’re open to other brands.

1 Like

Agree, all cars not leasing the same right now and looking forward to learn more. I am thinking it is between the Q5 and the Volvo XC60. Do you know why the Q5 isn’t a great car to lease ATM?

Also, I went back to the dealer and got the numbers slightly improved. MF on this is 0.00247.

Based on posts in this forum, I should bring the numbers down to low 500’s.

Discount isn’t impressive here. To be in the 5’s you are looking at $5k Out of pocket. That’s way too high in my opinion. Audi’s don’t lease great currently. They did get better than a few months ago, but still not great. Are you elegible for any incentives? PenFed? You can definitely do better on an XC60.

Contact @aronchi, he’s got the best volvo pricing and is a good guy. He is very business focused so call him when you know what you want.

1 Like

Terrible deal. There is a $2500 Audi incentive. It is probably included already, so your actual dealer discount is just $3000. Walk way from this dealer and work with a broker.

a

I managed to get it down to $3900 down - includes t, f and 1st month’s payment.
Monthly payment is 540.

Thoughts?

What is the pre-incentive discount off MSRP?

Doesn’t change anything, still a hard pass.

2 Likes

Generally this is some combo of low RV and high MF and lack of meaningful incentives that make it impossible for an attainable dealer discount to overcome.

1 Like

Got it. This salesperson seems very motivated though and I think if I pushed a little more, she would be willing to give me the numbers I want.

So if you were me, what should I ask for to make it a good deal?

I have no idea. You couldn’t pay me to drive an SUV, and I live far outside your market.

But when I leased my Audi (sedan) in June I used the healthy supply of recent data points (Marketplace, Share Deals & Tips, SIGNED!, etc.) for the same model in my market to arrive at the price I was willing to pay.

That was my second lease. I did the first one (BMW) in 2019 the same way.

Both were strong deals.

It takes some effort to learn how this works, but it’s 100% worth it. Mastering the calculator is an invaluable skill.

2 Likes

Thank you! Agree learning the calculator is the key. Will keep trying.

If you haven’t already, spend some time here:

Thanks for sharing.